Author Topic: MIDI songs always on Song A section  (Read 1863 times)

Offline SG2009

MIDI songs always on Song A section
« on: December 23, 2022, 12:41:54 PM »
Hi, just like the Tyros, how do we keep the MIDI songs on just one section, for example.MIDI always on Song section A

When I transferred the registrations from Tyros, for some registration banks, the MIDI song is now under Song B. I want the normal way like Tyros.. Thank you for your help.

Offline overover

Re: MIDI songs always on Song A section
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 02:34:05 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, SG2009!

I recommend always using SONG B for MIDI songs on the Genos. As far as I know, this is also the default player when using registrations from earlier models that only had one MIDI player on the Genos.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 02:35:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 03:02:58 PM »
Yes mine defaults to B. I just press this button to find my Midi recordings I have saved on my user section.

Offline SG2009

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 04:27:51 PM »
I really appreciate your reply. By the way, I have been a PSR member since early 2011 but unfortunately I have been inactive for a few years.

Is there an easy way to switch Song B (MIDI) to Song A?  Basically I'm used to the Song A (left side) from Tyros decades.

Are there any advantage or disadvantage of having B as MIDI?

Thank you for your wonderful help.

Online Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 11:30:35 AM »
SG 2009,

Page 72 of the Operating manual will explain how to easily change which player to play your midi on.
You can find the manual here.
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1130977/genos_en_om_h0.pdf

Rick D.

Offline SG2009

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 01:19:14 PM »
Thank you very much. I'll take a look at it

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 05:13:17 PM »
I really appreciate your reply. By the way, I have been a PSR member since early 2011 but unfortunately I have been inactive for a few years.

Is there an easy way to switch Song B (MIDI) to Song A?  Basically I'm used to the Song A (left side) from Tyros decades.

Are there any advantage or disadvantage of having B as MIDI?

Thank you for your wonderful help.

Hi SG2009,

Tyros4/5 do not have the designations "SONG A" and "SONG B". In contrast to the Genos, T4/5 only have one fixed player for MIDI files ("SONG" section) and one player for Audio files ("AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER" section).

An indicator that on Genos "SONG B" is the "main player" for MIDI files is the fact that the volume of an externally played MIDI file (fed into the Genos via MIDI / USB-MIDI) is controlled with the "SONG B" slider . Also, the "Song List" mode is only available for "SONG B". So, as I said, I always use "SONG B" on the Genos for MIDI files and "SONG A" for Audio files, and everything is fine ... :)

P.S.
If you want to change the assignment "SONG A" / "SONG B" for many registrations, you could do this with the Yamaha Registration Manager (developed by our forum member Murray Best). You can download the latest version 5.2.4 via the following link:
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1shDANhsxIA_ymyzqKUvuaou91Np346Dx/view

Important: You have to install the basic version 5.1.1 first. Then copy the unzipped update files of V5.2.4 ("MidiServices.dll" and "YamahaRegistrationManager.exe") into the program folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\MBestSoft\RegManager5").

More information about this PC (Windows) program can be found here:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 05:40:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)