Author Topic: Play with midi files and original voice of singer  (Read 1782 times)

rock123456789

Play with midi files and original voice of singer
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
Hi,
I would know if possible play with my Yamaha PSR S770 a file midi together a file audio with orginal voice of singer.
For example I wuold play titanic soundtrack with Celine Dion voice.
Is it possible?

Offline Rick D.

Re: Play with midi files and original voice of singer
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 11:10:56 AM »
Rock,

It is possible on the Genos, I am not sure about on the S770. If you can make audio multipads on the 770, it should be doable. First you have to go to a site that rips out the vocals from a song. This is what I use. It is free but has limits on how many you can do per day. if you want unlimited use you have to donate. There will be slight noise on some rips but you can't hear them when you play along with it.

https://vocalremover.org/

Make the ripped vocal into an audio multipad on your keyboard if you can, and then the hardest part of the whole thing is syncing it to the midi. It takes some practice but I have done it many times. Sometimes if you can't sync it on the keyboard for live playing, you can import your midi and ripped vocal into Audacity and sync it up in there.

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

rock123456789

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 02:05:23 PM »
Rock,

It is possible on the Genos, I am not sure about on the S770. If you can make audio multipads on the 770, it should be doable. First you have to go to a site that rips out the vocals from a song. This is what I use. It is free but has limits on how many you can do per day. if you want unlimited use you have to donate. There will be slight noise on some rips but you can't hear them when you play along with it.

https://vocalremover.org/

Make the ripped vocal into an audio multipad on your keyboard if you can, and then the hardest part of the whole thing is syncing it to the midi. It takes some practice but I have done it many times. Sometimes if you can't sync it on the keyboard for live playing, you can import your midi and ripped vocal into Audacity and sync it up in there.

Rick D.
Thanks Rick
How sync it?

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »
On Genos,

This is another method, No Multipads but audio file.

In the midi file you can put a sysex command 'Start Audio' (Can easily be done with MixMaster)
When the midi file is played, this command starts palying the loaded audio file.
The MBT of the Start command must be exactly on the right place.
This is sometime a little bit error and trying.
But once done it works perfect.

The only thing you have to take into account is that the audio file has the same tempo as the midi file.
Myself I have several audio backing tracks from 'karaokeversie.nl'.
You need to have a backing track with the same tempo, not a variable tempo.

I don't know if on the S770 you can load a audio file.

Regards
Etienne

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 02:39:59 PM by vlbrgt »
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

rock123456789

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 02:43:01 PM »
On Genos,

This is another method, No Multipads but audio file.

In the midi file you can put a sysex command 'Start Audio' (Can easily be done with MixMaster)
When the midi file is played, this command starts palying the loaded audio file.
The MBT of the Start command must be exactly on the right place.
This is sometime a little bit error and trying.
But once done it works perfect.

The only thing you have to take into account is that the audio file has the same tempo as the midi file.
Myself I have several audio backing tracks from 'karaokeversie.nl'.
You need to have a backing track with the same tempo, not a variable tempo.

I don't know if on the S770 you can load a audio file.

Regards
Etienne
Yes, it is possible

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »
But can you play a midi file and a audio file simultanious ?
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 03:20:48 PM »
Thanks Rick
How sync it?

You have to time it right and get your midi at the same tempo as the vocal. It takes some practice. You could also have the multipad start with a registration. I start mine with a pedal.

Rick D.

rock123456789

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »
But can you play a midi file and a audio file simultanious ?
Maybe... don't remember

rock123456789

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 04:16:38 PM »
You have to time it right and get your midi at the same tempo as the vocal. It takes some practice. You could also have the multipad start with a registration. I start mine with a pedal.

Rick D.
With what software?

Offline andyg

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 05:43:09 PM »
Yes you can play audio and a style/MIDI together but the trouble comes when the singer isn't perfectly in time - and that's going to be most of the time, unless they're singing to a backing that has exact, robotic timing. That discrepancy has to be dealt with carefully. You either do some meticulous editing of the audio (mandatory if you're going to have a style playing with the audio) or you do some meticulous editing of the tempo track in the MIDI file. Or both! It can take a long time! Been there, done it, got the T-shirt and not bothered about doing it again!  ;)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 07:45:42 PM »
With what software?

If your doing it on keyboard I use nothing. If you're doing it on PC I use Audacity.

Rick D.