Author Topic: YEM selected voices loss  (Read 1119 times)

oliver65

YEM selected voices loss
« on: December 20, 2022, 12:31:01 PM »
hello
I have several times the problem, that my selected voices in the different packs gone lost. That means I select some voices in all the several packs save it, generate the pqi or ppi and load it to the genos. So thats works.
But if I open YEM some months later and click to genos under install target my selection is lost. Now it shows all voices are clicked (green) in all packs. Thats quiet strange. Is this problem known and do I have a possibility to get my selection back? The selection is on the generated ppi, which I have, but I think its not possible to load this file into the yem in order to I have my selection back.

Thanks for your feedback

Best regards Oliver

Offline DerekA

Re: YEM selected voices loss
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 01:03:32 PM »
You are right, it is not possible to 'reload' the generated ppi to recover the set of voices/styles which were selected.

It would be great to have an option like that, to save a kind of 'project file' which knew what was selected.

But you can't.

Normally, YEM just remembers what was selected the last time you closed it when you select an install target. I've never had it lose the selection when re-opened. So I would say that's not the normal behaviour, but I don't know what's causing it for you.
Genos

oliver65

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 01:36:32 PM »
I will in future to copy the file .selected. Its located in the user/appdata/local/extension manager/ target. I think if I loose again, I copy the file back. Never tried this, but it should work.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 04:49:29 PM »
Good luck, I think you'll find it's a bit more fragile than that.
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 06:28:57 PM »
Oliver,

If I understand your problem correctly, you want to delete some Voices from a pack.  Once you have deleted the Voices you do not want in the pack, save the pack with a new name.  Then delete the original pack.  Now Import the pack you just saved with the new name and you will have the pack with the deleted Voices.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html