Author Topic: EW 435 touch vs Genos  (Read 1216 times)

EW 435 touch vs Genos
« on: December 19, 2022, 11:49:18 PM »
Hi,

Surprise - In this instrumental desert landscape of southern Arizona I changed upon a PSR EW425 today in a Tucson music store.

This keyboard has non weighted keys. I played it for a while. Can someone tell me if these keys feel about the same as the keys on a Yamaha Genos, which I have yet to find anywhere? As a piano player, that would give me pause, no matter how sweet the sound and the portability. Could I get used to it is another big question.

Regards,

Strideplayer

Offline EileenL

Re: EW 435 touch vs Genos
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 11:52:14 PM »
Genos dose not have weighted Keys but the key bed has a very good feel to it.

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 12:40:55 AM »

If by "weighted keys" you mean a keybed that simulates the action of a piano, then no, Genos doesn't provide that.

However, the Genos keybed is a vast improvement over the PSR-EW425. Yamaha describe the PSR-SW425 keys as "organ style." Yamaha describes the Genos keybed as "Organ (FSX), Initial Touch/Aftertouch".

I like and prefer the Genos keybed over the lighter feel of the MODX synthesizer keyboard. If one is seeking a piano-like experience then a CVP or CLP are more appropriate. Those product lines provide auto-accompaniment, too.

This subject is always so personal...  :)

All the best -- pj

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 08:55:39 AM »
Sounds like you would be happy with a dGX. 88 weighted keys, arranger functions and portable😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »
Coincidentally, there was a DGX670 in this store as well. I didn't mention it in my post so I could concentrate on one item. I played it for about ten minutes. Action was acceptable but "portability"? 47lbs, I could barely lift it. I see myself drifting slpwly towards a 28lbs Genos. Stay tuned.

Appreciate the inputs, thanks,
Strideplayer