Author Topic: Any suggestions for a swivel operator chair working with Genos and computer  (Read 1425 times)

Offline ugawoga

Hi

How many out there of you have despaired with the office chair
Since i purchased the Tyros 4 i have gone through three chairs already.
Yes my friends it is always the flaming gas spring ::)
I repaired one and it went within a year again.
Swivelling from side to side from  Genos to computer has led to The chair suddenly lose height and it's like falling from the 13th floor in a lift. :-[
How about the flipping chair rockin side to side like you are on the high seas with Captain Pugwash when playing the keys. :-X.
These chairs nowadays have useless builds with cheap housings and smal ball bearings and  they sometimes runs out of gas.
Can someone recommend a decent swivel operating chair that will last at least three to four years.
They say these chairs are tested up to 20 stone which i am nowhere near that, only 15 Stone which is hard to shift at 71.
Well, what do all the bums on seats say. All suggestions welcome.

All the best
john :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Del B

John
I have a secret lab (titan xl evo 2022 black fabric) swivel office chair and could sit in it for hours on end, they are around £350- 500 but they are worth it
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 10:07:57 PM by Del B »

Offline Bill

Hi John

Why not just buy a replacement cylinder from Amazon, best the best not the cheapest.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=gas+lift+cylinder&crid=1XJ8H0LJWOVN8&sprefix=Gas+lift%2Caps%2C64&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_8

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline ugawoga

Hi Bill
I have got a feux leather swivel chair and the feux leather cracks up after a year or begins to peel especially if to sit down in shorts in summer
You tend to stick to feux leather chairs and that causes peeling. I have learnt not to sit in shorts on feux leather chairs
I have purchase a fabric one this week £135   and it is nice warm and comfortable and i have been looking at the gas springs on amazon.
I have repaired a chair once before  and that time the feux leather wore out before the gas spring.
These so called office chairs today do not last unless spend £500 like Del boy says
I am wondering Del, are the gas springs more well built in the more expensive chairs?
The new chair i purchased is my relaxing chair and i now am looking for a work chair that swivels between keyboard and computer.

It's all fun an't it!!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Bill

Hi John

Have a look at the link below, they are designed for 24hr use.

Bill

https://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk/office-chairs/24-hour-office-chairs/

« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:49:51 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline ugawoga

Hi Bill And Del

I have looked at your suggestions an dmake my mind up after Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up

All the best
John :)

Have a great Christmas :)