Author Topic: Genos Registration/Bank question  (Read 1635 times)

Offline rick76

Genos Registration/Bank question
« on: December 09, 2022, 07:39:23 AM »
Hi,

Question:

I have a a registration bank setup with 10 songs.

If I change the mix for a song in that bank and save to registration memory, do I also have to save the registration bank?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Offline johan

Re: Genos Registration/Bank question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 09:07:37 AM »
Yes but if you donīt, genos will ask to save when you load another bank so you can still save at that moment.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »
Hi Rick,

I would recommed to save immedeately after you are done with the changes since you might accidentally skip saving later on because you forgot about thoise changes. Also I would recommend to save to a sligtly different name (for example a number 1 or 2 behind the original name) That way you can see what is teh latest version if you weren't entirely done yet or go back to the previous one if you made mistakes.

regards,
Peter

Offline rick76

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 11:39:09 AM »
Many thanks to both of you:

thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks

Have a great day!
Rick

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 12:47:44 PM »
Welcome aboard, Rick! We always like to see new members. They often come up with ideas for the Genos that the veteran members never thought of.

Here's another hint about registrations. Create a template registration and name it _template. The underscore forces the name to be placed at the beginning of the registration list. When you create a new song, use the _template you created, and then save it under the new song name. Doing so gives your songs a baseline for volumes, effects, and any other parameters you often use.

Another good idea is to consider using one whole bank per song instead of using one bank for 10 songs. The advantage lies in being able to use any of the 10 buttons for different parts of the song. For example, I use Button 1 for the Intro and then switch to Button 2 for the body of the song. Reason: The intro instruments are fairly loud, as they normally are on the real stage. When Button 2 is pressed, the background is the same, but I have turned down those instruments so my vocalist or my piano playing is brought to the front of the mix.

Think of a typical Michael Buble or Sinatra tune. Their bands start the song and when the vocals come in, the band drops down in volume. Alternatively, in the real world, the band could play at their intro level and the singer's mic could be turned way up but that would deafen an audience or if it was a CD, it would exceed the 0db (-3dB actually) limits of the recording industry. The whole idea is to play the song correctly but also use professional audio design parameters. The latter are achievable with the Genos. Half the fun is in the learning!

This is exactly how the pro players do it. It also gives your song a lot of realism. Give it a try and feel free to post more thoughts or questions 😉!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:53:48 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.