Author Topic: Loading MP3&G To SX900  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Bernie9

Loading MP3&G To SX900
« on: December 07, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »
I have loaded two MP3&G files in a folder from my pc to my USB, which I tried to make sure they were good. The folder shows, but goes blank when I open the folder.  I went to my player, chose audio, and proceeded to the file, opened it and nothing. I usually open in player and make a reg, but can't to first base.

Offline Bernie9

Re: Loading MP3&G To SX900
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 09:14:02 PM »
I surmise from the lack of replies that it must be an isolated problem.  I was able to load one of them, but since I have a hundred or so working, I will not waste anymore of your time.

Thank you for your time  anyway.

Bernie

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 09:56:22 PM »
I was quite excited when I heard they were able to play back CD&G/MP3&G, but hadn't found any such files online to test these with; I'd guess most on here are in the same boat.

No I still haven't found any :p the Mrs did have some actual CD+G's, but when I rip them in iTunes, they just become mp3's, no lyrics. But she's tossed those out when we moved as we don't have a player that can play them anymore!

Mark

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 10:27:07 PM »
I have loaded two MP3&G files in a folder from my pc to my USB, which I tried to make sure they were good. The folder shows, but goes blank when I open the folder.  I went to my player, chose audio, and proceeded to the file, opened it and nothing. I usually open in player and make a reg, but can't to first base.

Hi Bernie,

an "MP3+G" song usually consists of an .mp3 file and an associated .cdg file. The latter contains the information for the lyrics display. .zip files are also common, which then contain the .mp3 and .cdg file for a specific song title.

According to the Reference Manual, page 61, the SX900 can work with the following Lyrics data for Audio files:

Priority of Lyrics data of an Audio Song (MP3 file)

When showing the lyrics data of an Audio Song (MP3 file), only one type of data (according to the priority order
below) is shown:
1) CDG file (*.cdg) with the same name of the MP3 file in the same folder.
2) Lyrics in the MP3 file with the LYRICSBEGIN tag.
3) Lyrics in the MP3 file with the SLT/SYLT tag.
4) Lyrics in the MP3 file with the ULT/USLT tag.
5) Text file (*.txt) with the same name of the MP3 file in the same folder.

The SX900 therefore does NOT support .zip files with contained .mp3 and .cdg files. If you have such .zip files, you would first have to unzip them on the computer and then copy the two files to a USB stick. It is important that the .cdg file has the same name as the associated .mp3 file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 10:28:45 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 12:44:20 AM »
In addition to the specs on the lyrics file, MP3 files need to meet the required specs in order to be played.

From the Owner's Manual:
MP3 ..........44.1/48.0 kHz sample rate, 64–320 kbps bit rate or VBR, mono/stereo

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »
Thank you all for responding.  I now have some information to track down the incompatibility, if indeed that is the problem.

Bernie