Author Topic: Styles for PSR S900  (Read 1343 times)

Claude41

Styles for PSR S900
« on: December 07, 2022, 09:21:49 PM »
I’m a new member from St-Eustache Qc. I play music since I was 5 playing button accordion, for almost 10 yrs and switched to piano accordion till I was 25 and started to play organ . My keyboard is a PSR S900 bought 11 years ago and I love that keyboard.
I’ve been trying to unzipped the styles without success.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Styles for PSR S900
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 09:31:11 PM »
You must first unzip the files in your PC, then copy them to a folder on a USB drive, which you can then access with your S-900 by tabbing over to the USB drive after selecting Styles.

Hope this helps,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

Re: Styles for PSR S900
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 10:45:58 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Claude!

Which iOS version are you using? On newer iPads you can simply use the "Files" app to unpack (decompress) zip files:

- Open the "Files" app and find the zip file you want to decompress (unzip).
- Tap on the zip file.
- A folder will be created with the appropriate files. To change the name, touch and hold the folder, then tap Rename.
- Copy the folder containing the unzipped styles to a USB stick connected to the iPad.
- Connect the USB stick to the keyboard.

Please note that the PSR-S900 can only handle styles in SFF1 (aka SFF) format. Styles in current SFF2 (= SFF GE) format can only be used with newer models (starting from PSR-S910 and Tyros3).

If you don't know how to check the actual format or your styles or how to convert SFF2 styles to SFF1 format, just get in touch here again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:19:57 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)