Author Topic: Surprise Genos Find  (Read 3009 times)

Offline lonelagranger

Surprise Genos Find
« on: November 25, 2022, 08:33:19 PM »
I never thought I could afford a Genos so I bought a used Tyros 5 about a year ago.  Well, yesterday I ran across a Genos on Facebook Marketplace.  I got it for $3,000.00.  It's like brand new.  From a little old lady.  She barely drove it.  She gave me the keyboard, the stand, the speaker system and the piano bench.  I think that's a deal.  So now I have to sell my Tyros and some other keyboards to pay for it.  Sort of a nice Christmas present a little before Christmas. 

Offline Toril S

Re: Surprise Genos Find
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 09:11:02 PM »
I am very happy for you! If possible, keep the T5 while getting used to the Genos. You will love it! Congratulations!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Georgeandmarj

Offline lonelagranger

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 09:14:25 PM »
I must admit I am a little confused.  I think I need to do a lot of reading.  I love the sound. 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 10:27:20 PM »
Yes, it is a little different from Tyros to operate but you will soon get used to it.
Make sure it has been updated to version 2.

Offline lonelagranger

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 11:54:36 PM »
I did update it to version 2.13.  Everything went fine.

Offline Stubby

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 04:48:21 AM »
Wow- that's a fine find!  Congrats and enjoy!!  I'm sure you won't regret it. 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 02:50:43 PM »
Do Make sure you download all the other goodies there are. You certainly want the Superior Pack for extra voices and styles.
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Offline andyg

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:58 PM »
And you might also like to copy all of the T5 styles onto USB and then into a separate 'T5' folder on the Genos. Yamaha are great at 'losing' styles that you've become accustomed to, and also for altering styles while keeping the name the same. So you hit 'Intro II', 'Ending III', a Fill-In or whatever and you get something different to what you're used to! If you have all the T5 styles on board, at least you can use the older ones! Sometimes the older ones work better for certain pieces, and you can always revoice them to use the improved/new sounds on the newer keyboard.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Online DerekA

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 08:53:00 PM »
And you might also like to copy all of the T5 styles onto USB and then into a separate 'T5' folder on the Genos.

Remember to scroll down the page of 'goodies' that Eileen posted to the 'other downloads' section, which includes Genos versions of the T5 styles that were not carried over in the preset categories.

I have no idea why they didn't just include them in the preset categories in the first place though!

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 08:58:24 AM »
Congratulations. What a Hot Deal.I wish you lots of fun with it. 8)

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 03:06:39 PM »
Dear Lonelagranger,

on the Yamaha website you may download a 40 pages tutorials for people moving from Tyros to Genos.

It is called "EASILY UPGRADE TO GENOS", and you will find the link for download about the mid part of the webpage I'm sending below. You may also select the language you prefer:

https://it.yamaha.com/it/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

Enjoy your wonderful Genos!

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

tyrosman

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 02:18:42 PM »
hi there well done you will love Genos congratulations Merry Christmas :)