PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S975/S775

(1/4) > >>

madirv:

BogdanH:
Nobody knows when and which keyboard will be released.. we can only speculate.

You say S975 was discontinued and replaced by SX900 shortly after you bough it. The thing is, S775 (which I had) and S975 were actually not new products: it was just a rebadge of older S770/S970. The only difference was, with S775/S975 you got few "free" expansion packs.

My opinion about your experience at that event... well, they try to push sales all the time, don't they? I can see, that right now, SX700/SX900 is in stock at most shops.. and stuff needs to be sold before Christmas, right?  :)

And if I may speculate.. no, I don't expect SX700/SX900 replacement very soon. Reason being: Genos is starting to show it's age and urgently needs a replacement. But there isn't even a rumor about "new" Genos yet... so next SX maybe in (let me check my crystall ball) 2 years.  ;)

Bogdan

BogdanH:

--- Quote from: madirv on December 03, 2022, 09:40:40 PM ---...
I'll stick with the S975 then----I'm sure its more than good enough for me!!!!

--- End quote ---

I'm sure you know your S975 pretty good by now, and if you don't miss something particular, then you should really keep it. As I mentioned, I had S775 before (almost equal to S975) and I bough SX700 mainly because of touch screen. Obviously, I didn't become better musician because of that, but I really enjoy that feature.

Best wishes,
Bogdan

Toril S:
I have the S975, and is very satisfied with it.it is a well balanced keyboard. The SX900 has more memory, 3 right hand voices and a touch screen. It also has scat voices, and I like that. The speakers are also better. But I like my S975, and stuck with it. To be fair I have the Genos too, but it is the S975 I use on gigs.

DrakeM:
Without seeing the actual price you were quoted by the store, I can't really know if you were actually offered a knocked down price. You see Yamaha will not allow the stores and online dealers to advertise anything lower than $2300 new.

But if you contact the dealers directly you can get a MUCH better price than that. Even starting with DAY ONE of the product being made available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version