Author Topic: External clock for SX600  (Read 862 times)

texzen

External clock for SX600
« on: December 09, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »
 I presently use a Korg XD sequencer to provide the clock function for my style parts on a Yamaha PSR 770. This works great. Since the SX600 does not have 5 pin midi ports can I use the USB connection to have the Korg XD provide the external clock function to my SX600? Thanks for the help.

Re: External clock for SX600
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 11:07:32 AM »
Hi, only guessing but I don’t think so . Don’t think the usb  connection works same as 5 pin midi connection.(Not familiar with your sequencer though , and don’t fully understand what it is you’re doing.

I can only go by what I had to do to set up my  Yamaha p121 piano as  controller for my sx900 ie  I wanted to use the p121 piano keys to play chords and melody on the sx900,

The sx900 has the 5pin midi  connection , but the p121 only had usb midi.  I had to use some sort of interface to hook the 2 up.  I was told that I could buy some sort of dedicated little box that would do the job, but in the end I just used my laptop , xg works sequencer , 2 usb cables plugged into pc.
In xg works I set p121 midi out, sx900 midi in and pressed record. Nothing actually got recorded, the set up just worked as if I was using a midi cable to hook the  2 together

If your set up doesn’t work, maybe you’ll need some sort of interface too. I find it annoying that they have stopped putting 5pin sockets on some keyboards.

Good luck

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022