Author Topic: Genos midi to/from Unsung - Super frustrated  (Read 1182 times)

Dziekanc

Genos midi to/from Unsung - Super frustrated
« on: December 26, 2022, 06:50:22 PM »
There is such poor information on how to make the integration from Genos to Onsong.   Very frustrated.  I setup my IPAD up via cable (since the access point is never seen on my iPad (a different problem) even though access point is visible from my MacBook Pro.  So on IPAD Onsung MIDI sources and designations count is now correct and recognizes the new device.   

In Onsong I can setup the program trigger (although I'm in the complete blind as there is no reference to what address  is for a registration).
1) IS THERE A LISTING OF WHAT THE CONTROL OR PROGRAM SETTINGS NEED TO BE FOR A SPECIFIC FOLDER/SONG/REGISTRATION
2) IS THERE SOMETHING I NEED TO SET TO ENSURE THAT THOSE SETTINGS SENT FROM ONSONG TO GENOS ARE LISTENED TO ?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 07:06:22 PM by Dziekanc »

Offline reya

Re: Genos midi to/from Unsung - Super frustrated
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »
There are basically two ways of linking registrations to songs using a score managing app on a tablet and a Genos.

There is the 'old' (difficult/cumbersome) way of using patch selects and program changes, which requires a different setup for each direction of linking (direction 1: loading registration causes song to be displayed /direction 2: loading a song causes registration to load) 
And then, there is the easy way which allows a registation and a song to be linked both ways, just by pressing a button (icon) in the app on the tablet.

For as far as I know there are currently only two score managing apps on iPad, that allow that second (easy) way to be used. They are called Songbook+ and Mobilesheets. They use Sysex Midi to make the link. When linking to Genos, I strongly recommend switching to one of the apps that allow the easy way of linking and make things far more easy for yourself.

If you do need to stay with Onsong, there has been a post before about Onsong and Genos on this forum ....

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=44563.0

On Genos you may want to use Midi setting 'All Parts' whichever way you decide to go .

Good luck

Rudy

« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:21:03 AM by reya »
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets