Author Topic: White Genos  (Read 4087 times)

Offline rene1242

White Genos
« on: November 30, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »
Hi all Im really intrested to buy a white vinyl Ive been searching for a while maybe someone knows from where I can purchase please like the one on the photo

[attachment deleted by admin]
"SynthGrooves"

Offline mikf

Re: White Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:17:27 PM »
That may not be an available product, it could be either photoshopped or something someone has modified.
Mike

Offline rene1242

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »
To be honest looks photoshopped even looking at the screen and at the back of the keyboard but maybe someone does vinyl work it's looks so good in white
"SynthGrooves"

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 06:17:17 PM »
Gotta wonder about that picture. The legends (text) are black on white, not white/grey on black. Plus, what's up with the waveform screen?

Maybe if we knew the source of the picture, we might be able to offer more help?

-- pj
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 06:21:34 PM by pjd »

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 06:37:00 PM »
The shadows of the knobs are OK. Good work. 

For the displayed waveform, I never see this screen. Perhaps with multi-pad audio feature?

First photo of Genos 2? I don't think so: buttons, sliders and knobs seem exactly identical.

Offline rene1242

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:07 PM »
Looks photoshopped but I'm really interested if there's someone who creates these vinyls
"SynthGrooves"

Offline Neebo

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 09:03:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

The image is not photoshopped, it is a vinyl that you stick on the top of the keyboard.  This particular one is a custom cut vinyl but more can be produced if there is enough demand as they are not cheap to make.  As for the screen, that was indeed photoshopped to make it look like a custom OS.

There is also a clean plastic skin that can be bought to protect the keyboard from scratches etc.  See attached pics.

Regards

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 11:15:59 PM »
In the states some of the autobody companies offer to film your whole car or truck. They do an amazing job down to the finest detail. I am sure they could do your Genos. at what cost, I don't know.

Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 02:41:59 PM »
Dear Neebo,

the clean plastic skin that you mentioned seems to be quite interesting. We all know the problem of dressing that Genos body has. This plastic cover could protect from this issue.

Is it something available on the market, or it is a custom make? Could you kindly provide details in order to get it?

Thank you,

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 05:01:41 PM »
hmm a white Genos would mistake me for a Tyros 6... Yamaha does do a white color Montage which is pretty cool IMO and looks better for readability.

I know overseas in East Asia area, particularly in Vietnam, they do a clear film on their keyboards which I seen alot of on youtube videos. Only thing I'm concerned with is the film eventually bubbling in hot climates if you're playing outdoors extensively.

Offline rene1242

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 06:35:56 PM »
hmm a white Genos would mistake me for a Tyros 6... Yamaha does do a white color Montage which is pretty cool IMO and looks better for readability.

I know overseas in East Asia area, particularly in Vietnam, they do a clear film on their keyboards which I seen alot of on youtube videos. Only thing I'm concerned with is the film eventually bubbling in hot climates if you're playing outdoors extensively.

yes indeed I already have the plastic transparant film but a white vinyl would look Awesome!!!!
"SynthGrooves"

Offline Neebo

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2022, 02:37:33 PM »
Dear Angelo,

Check out this post..... https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=47042.0

Regards

Neebo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 08:57:30 PM by Neebo »

Offline Amxf5

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2022, 08:46:28 PM »
Love a White Genos. It would look great with my limited edition Yamaha spotlight white Motif XF!

Online ckobu

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2022, 10:54:38 PM »
PhotoShop or real? I don't know

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 08:33:59 AM »
PhotoShop or real?

It's 100% fake -and quite bad at that. You can see that shadows/reflections on white case are not natural... for example: black keys throw a white reflection on case.
You can easy make such photo in any photo editor: cut out areas you wish to keep original colors (screen, keybed, buttons..) and then make a negative of image.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Neebo

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »
Dear All,

I can shed some light with regards to the white Genos in the original photo.  As you can see from the video below, it is indeed a vinyl wrap (same as applied to cars) which was printed first with all the button names etc and then cut to fit over the sliders etc.  All this can be done on a Roland large format printer.  Enjoy...

Regards

Neebo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-b2MYxLs0U

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 07:55:23 PM »
Just to clarify, thanks Neebo for finding us proof that a wrap existis, but Bogdan's comment on the prior photo is correct; *that* is a colour negative (notice the real wrap still has black inset around the screen and joystick, but the photoshop simply inverted the colours around the screens, resulting in white reflections of the black keys, as already pointed out. You can also see the 'inverted' shadow around the joystick, where it should get darker it goes blinding white, likewise the dark insets around the screws at the top ended up getting inverted into light generating white spots!

But rather than calling that a photoshop fake, I'm more inclined to think it was more of a photoshop conceptualization. But looking at Needbo's video, it's pretty clear those aren't quite the same

Offline pjd

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 09:07:07 PM »
Some clues. I looked at a few other videos by this chap. There is a name and phone number that appear in the right hand side of the keyboard: Qutaiba Alkhalidi 0097336669071.

In the comments, a person asked for the place to get "stickers". I think there was a language misunderstanding, but the poster replied: Bahreïn Facebook koutaiba khaldi

So, my guess is "someplace in the Middle East" possibly Bahrain? Any Arabic readers?

-- pj