Author Topic: Request for the original sounds of Genus to download  (Read 3058 times)

Request for the original sounds of Genus to download
« on: November 21, 2022, 11:09:56 AM »
Peace
I would appreciate it if someone could put a link here through which you can download all the original Yamaha sound files / samples {what comes with the organ you buy} for the Genos keyboard in individual files in folders (not an extension file)
Thank you and good day

Offline danand

Re: Request for the original sounds of Genus to download
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 01:20:52 PM »
If you mean the presets of the keyboard , as far as I know it is not possible to extract them (at least easily...) The samples are stored on ROM memory (some sound chip) so, as far as I understand, you will need special knowledge and special equipment to perform this task (if it is possible at all...)

In any case, this is what I know, if some one knows something else can illuminate us...

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 02:38:37 PM »
  :D
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 02:47:26 PM »
Doubt there's a way to extract the sounds from a Genos, it's all proprietary tech and it most likely won't work on whatever keyboard you're trying to load it in anyway.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 03:50:45 PM »
This is not possible, as stated above.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 03:52:30 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 04:06:31 PM »
I would appreciate it if someone could put a link here through which you can download all the original Yamaha sound files / samples {what comes with the organ you buy} for the Genos keyboard in individual files in folders (not an extension file)

This is the closest you're gonna get https://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/products/yamaha-genos-76-key-arranger-workstation-keyboard
Genos

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 09:56:56 AM »
It seems to me that you can simply go into the location of the files in the organ itself and do select all / copy to an external drive
Check if it works. If you succeeded, I would appreciate it if you uploaded it here for download
(I'm interested in a free download, not something that will cost money)
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:57:58 AM by Kazatskov »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
It seems to me that you can simply go into the location of the files in the organ itself and do select all / copy to an external drive
That way you only get voice setting parameters (without actual voice sample). Such "voice" file (usually having *.vce extension) is useless on keyboard that doesn't have that exactly voice sample built-in.
I hope I understood your post correctly.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 02:02:32 PM »
Check if it works. If you succeeded, I would appreciate it if you uploaded it here for download
Thanks

It seems to me you need to understand it’s not possible to copy preset voices.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 02:33:24 PM »
So
 Kazatskov,
   You are asking us who have paid a lot of money for our keyboards to give you what is on it for FREE.
  Pull the other one.

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 03:10:02 PM »
Thanks

It seems to me that this is a troll thread.  ::)

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 09:38:14 PM »
It seems to me that this is a troll thread.  ::)

I agree. Besides if I really needed the extra voices in my keyboard, I would have missed having them by now.  ;D

I saved $4000 by getting the S950 and not a Genos. That $4000 invested the S&P 500 (1/1/2013) is now worth just over $11,200 USD. ( I just figured the math)  ;)

Yamaha, I am ready for your next mid arranger 8)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:50:58 PM by DrakeM »

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 11:22:45 PM »
Hi Kazatskov,

To make it clear again: The Voices of Yamaha keyboards are called up internally via so-called "Voice Set" files. So if you copy "Voices" in the Voice Selection display and save it on a USB stick, for example, you will get - again such a Voice Set file.

It is basically a MIDI file that contains the Voice Set settings and refers to a specific Preset or Expansion Voice (using MIDI Bank Select MSB/LSB and Program Change). The actual Voice will NOT be copied.

What you could do is to sample the desired voices with a suitable computer program such as "Sample Robot". However, you would have to sample every single note (or at least every third note) in several dynamic levels, post-process it if necessary, map it and create an .sf2 Voice from it, for example. Of course, you also need the appropriate expertise for this. It will keep you busy for hundreds of hours and require hundreds of GB of storage on your computer hard drive.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline andyg

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »
And I hope you would have very good lawyers if Yamaha found out. 'Reverse Engineering', in the form of resampling, would, er, upset those over in 'Yamaha Towers'!  ;)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com