Author Topic: [Need help]Are there anyway to convert Montage or Modx piano sound to Genos?  (Read 1582 times)

Tonnarak

[Need help]Are there anyway to convert Montage or Modx piano sound to Genos?

https://www.creativeworshipsounds.com/montage-patches/mellow-piano-pad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqeNG2uID8&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.creativeworshipsounds.com%2F&feature=emb_logo

I use this sound via MainStage application as Genos midi control , I need some help/suggesting if there're the way to convert this patch to Genos file.

Offline overover

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Tonnarak!

Montage/MODX and Genos have completely different file structures for sounds/patches. To my knowledge there is no way to convert Montage/MODX Sounds/Patches/Library files for use on the Genos.

But such a piano/pad layer sound should actually be able to be realized relatively quickly on the Genos.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

What is it that you particulatly like? Is it the combination of sounds, or the controllability?

As Chris says you can probably recreate the piano / pad mix farily easily - remember to check out the 'legacy' pad folders, and be creative with DSP.

If it's being able to control 8 sound layers dynamically, well it is possible to do that by using the Song channels for the voice layers and looping MIDI out to MIDI in, then setting the assignable sliders to control the song part volumes. Since Genos can assign a different DSP to every song channel you could probably get quite a nice setup there.
Genos

Tonnarak

Currently I use Genos for only piano and pad layer sound to play piano for worship service (in Thailand)

As suggestion , do you mean ,I need to learn how to modify piano voice?
I basically novice for modify sound since I used only piano voice to play with team.
but I will try thank you so much and sorry for my poor English.

And Thank you so so much for your kind answer me
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 02:53:34 PM by Tonnarak »

Offline pjd

Hi Tonnarak --

Those are nice instrument combinations. I hear why you like them.

You should be able to create those on Genos as the Genos and Montage have very similar voices. You will need to select three different voices (such as acoustic piano, warm pad and strings) in RIGHT1, RIGHT2, and RIGHT3. Then use the mix sliders to control the volume of the RIGHT1, RIGHT2, and RIGHT3 parts.

I suggest watching a different video by Creative Worship Sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0nWkBp26V0

This video shows how CWS creates similar layers on Montage. Montage allows more layers than three. However, three layers ought to be enough for these wash-y kinds of sounds. Otherwise, the overall sound gets muddy and you won't be able to hear softer voices anyway.

Here's what I saw on in the video. All parts are layered across the entire keyboard, that is, no split. Sliders control the mix of parts, that is, the loudness for each voice. Voices are assigned to Montage mix channels:

Ch#  Category    Voice type        Ex. Montage voice
---  ----------  ----------------  -------------------
 1   Piano       Acoustic Piano    CFX Stage
 2   Pad         Warm              Brass Motion Pad
 3   Keys        Electric Piano
 4   Str         Ensemble          St Ensemble K
 5   Str         Ensemble
 6   Pad         Bright
 7   Pad         Warm
 8   Pad         Analog            Dark ModulationPad

So, on Genos, choose voices like:

Part    Genos voice         Slider#
------  ------------------  -------
RIGHT1  CFX Concert Grand      4
RIGHT2  VP Soft                5
RIGHT3  KinoStringsWarmVc      6

The trick is to find and combine voices that you like. Try out a bunch of voices and make a list of the voices that you like. Then build your own layers.

That's all there is to it!

All the best -- pj

P.S. I play in church using MODX.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 05:12:21 PM by pjd »

Tonnarak

Thank you so much