Author Topic: Help please! How to use CASM Editor with JRE?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Musicnik

Help please! How to use CASM Editor with JRE?
« on: November 21, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
Hello everyone! I`ve already downloaded Style Format 2 Converter, OTS and CASM Editors to convert some styles for my T2. But how shall I use these two editors described above with JRE?
-
Thank you for advance,
Nick
-
Best regards,
Nick

Offline pjd

Re: Help please! How to use CASM Editor with JRE?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 06:55:47 PM »
Hi Nick --

Are you having a specific issue?

Usually, I download and install JRE (or the Java development kit which includes the JRE). Then I download and install the CASM editor. A desktop icon is installed along with the CASM editor. Thus, I just double-click the desktop icon to launch it.

This is all Windows 10. Can't help with Mac. CASM editor installs into "C:\Program Files (x86)\CASM Editor" and the JDK installs into "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1"  Sometimes the Java version number gets in the way...

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline overover

Re: Help please! How to use CASM Editor with JRE?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 08:28:38 PM »
Hello everyone! I`ve already downloaded Style Format 2 Converter, OTS and CASM Editors to convert some styles for my T2. But how shall I use these two editors described above with JRE?
-
Thank you for advance,
Nick

Hi Nick,

"Style Format 2 Converter" is not based on Java / JRE, but it requires Microsoft ".Net Framework ver. 4.0" to be installed on your computer. Please click on the link "Get .Net Framework" on the product site for more information:
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sf2c/index.htm

Jørgen's "Casm Editor" and "OTS Editor" programs require JRE (Java Runtime Envirement) ver. 8 or higher. Please click on the following link:
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/software_6.htm#jre

On that page you will find a link for information about checking your JRE version installed. There is also a link that takes you to the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) download page.

If a Java-based program by Jørgen shows an error message when started via the corresponding desktop shortcut, you may have to manually point the program to the location of the "javaw.exe" (NOT "java.exe"!) file. The "javaw.exe" is usually located (if Java/JRE 64-bit is installed) in the "bin" folder under the following path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.x_xxx\bin\

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 08:34:07 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)