Author Topic: Mixer > Panel > Style > Chorus and Reverb question.  (Read 1410 times)

Offline brucerez

Mixer > Panel > Style > Chorus and Reverb question.
« on: November 21, 2022, 02:10:45 AM »
Hi,

In Mixer panel , Style section, there are Chorus and Reverb set by default at certain value, i think it's 64.
How can I save them (Chorus and Reverb) to my value (Zero) for all styles?
(see screen shot).

I set them at zero and saved the style via Style Creator and File > Save style,
but after rebooting the keyboard they get back to the default value.
On the other hand in the same page I can save the Volume/Pan to my liking value and it stays unchanged even after rebooting the keyboard.

Thank you for any suggestion.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 02:12:03 AM by brucerez »

Offline johan

Re: Mixer > Panel > Style > Chorus and Reverb question.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »
The values in the mixer for reverb/chorus are the global FX return values and I don’t think it is possible to save them permanently. If you want to change a style so that no effects are applied, you can change the effect values of each individual instrument and then save the style.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:46:21 PM »
Hi Bruce,

According to the PSR-SX900/700 and PSR-A5000 Data List, the Mixer settings of the RETURN Levels of Reverb, Chorus and Variation effect (if configured as System effect) can be saved individually with the Style file, MIDI file or in Registrations.

There is also the possibility to activate the options "Reverb Return Level", "Chorus Return Level" and/or "Variation (System) Return Level" in the Parameter Lock display (Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock). Then these parameters can no longer be changed via Styles, MIDI files or Registrations (but only directly in the corresponding Mixer display). However, with earlier models (Tyros, PSR-S) these parameters only remain "locked" for the current session, even if activated in the Parameter Lock, i.e. they are reset to the default values after a restart. You would have to try out whether this is still the case with PSR-SX models / PSR-A5000.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:59:33 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline brucerez

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 04:42:33 PM »
The values in the mixer for reverb/chorus are the global FX return values and I don’t think it is possible to save them permanently. If you want to change a style so that no effects are applied, you can change the effect values of each individual instrument and then save the style.

Thank you Johan for your reply.
This is exactly what I am doing for each style regularly (changing the effect values of each individual instrument and then save the style.).
But as I mentioned the Reverb/Chorus get back to the default value 64 in the Mixer > Panel > Style after restarting the keyboard

In my other brand keyboard there is the same feature in Global parameters with the difference that we can adjust the Global Reverb/Chorus and no need to save it and then it will remain unchanged even after rebooting the keyboard.
So I would wish to have the same feature in my Yamaha keys... :)

Offline brucerez

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 04:51:06 PM »
Hi Bruce,

According to the PSR-SX900/700 and PSR-A5000 Data List, the Mixer settings of the RETURN Levels of Reverb, Chorus and Variation effect (if configured as System effect) can be saved individually with the Style file, MIDI file or in Registrations.

There is also the possibility to activate the options "Reverb Return Level", "Chorus Return Level" and/or "Variation (System) Return Level" in the Parameter Lock display (Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock). Then these parameters can no longer be changed via Styles, MIDI files or Registrations (but only directly in the corresponding Mixer display). However, with earlier models (Tyros, PSR-S) these parameters only remain "locked" for the current session, even if activated in the Parameter Lock, i.e. they are reset to the default values after a restart. You would have to try out whether this is still the case with PSR-SX models / PSR-A5000.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I did some test by locking the Reverb/Chorus/Variation in Parameter Lock.
The Reverb/Chorus in Mixer>Panel>Style still return to the default value after rebooting the keyboard.
See screen shots.

Please correct me if I understood you correctly.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 04:52:07 PM by brucerez »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 05:30:22 PM »
If you save reverb / chorus values for a specific style file, then when you load that style it will remember those values.

They won't be applied to other styles, which will all have their own values.

If you use parameter lock to prevent changes, then it only applies until you turn off the keyboard. When you turn it on again, the parameter lock is lost.
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 06:58:46 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Yes, what you describe is the normal behavior (just like on previous models).

The parameters you mentioned are, as I said, the System Effect RETURN levels of the System Effects Reverb and Chorus. Normally these parameters are left at the default value (here 64). The desired effect proportion in each Style file / MIDI file set separately for each Part (MIDI channel) via the Effect SEND controller ("CC" means "Control Change"):

CC #91 = Reverb Send level
CC #93 = Chorus Send level
CC #94 = Variation Send level

Some users adapt the System Effect RETURN levels to the respective room acoustics for live performances (especially for the System REVERB effect). To do this, the checkboxes for "Reverb Return Level" and, if desired, "Chorus Return Level" and "Variation Effect (System) Return Level" must be set in "Parameter Lock". The values ​​set in the Mixer (e.g. Reverb Return Level lowered from 64 to 50) are then retained until the keyboard is restarted.

You CAN do what is described, but I have never used this option ... ;)

If necessary, I always adjust the effect settings using the aforementioned Effect SEND controller, i.e. per Part, and then save this in Registrations or directly in the respective Style / MIDI file.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 07:01:43 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: brucerez