Author Topic: OTS  (Read 1706 times)

Offline micktheplumber

OTS
« on: November 22, 2022, 11:27:45 AM »
Good morning perhaps somebody can help,If i am say using a registration number 5 wich i have set up and using main variation B and want to change to main variation C half way through a song but want to alter the OTS settings in C i read in the manual that i needed to set up my C with new OTS having done thisi press memory button and choose one of the OTS numbers and this will save my setting therebye just press C half way through a song ,but this does not seem to save the sttings am i not carrying out saving them correctly .
thanks Mick

Offline Fred Smith

Re: OTS
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »
Just use another registration for your second setting, then switch to it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »
When you change OTS settings you then have to resave to the style for them tol work.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 07:30:27 PM »
Hi Mick,

Normally one works either with OTS or with registrations. If, for whatever reason, you are also using OTS while playing with registrations, you should definitely switch the OTS LINK function OFF.

You can save all changes to the style and the keyboard voice settings directly in registrations. HOW you make the keyboard voice settings, e.g. using the OTS of the currently loaded style or selecting the keyboard voices manually) does not matter. The current status of the keyboard is always saved in registrations (of course also depending on which parameter groups are ticked in the Memory window).

If for any reason you want to change the OTS of the current style (Memory button > desired OTS button), as Eileen mentioned, you need to resave the style file. But usually this is not necessary if you work with registrations anyway.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 07:35:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 03:10:41 PM »
That did it thanks very much.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 03:25:25 PM »
That did it thanks very much.

Thanks for your feedback, Mick!

I'm glad that your problem could be solved.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)