Author Topic: Single style load  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Duurduur

Single style load
« on: November 13, 2022, 07:40:04 PM »
I have a style I want to try out on my SX900. How can I load this. Furthermore, the manual talks about USB drive and USER drive. The USB drive is clear to me, but where can I find the USER drive and what can I do with it.
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

Offline EileenL

Re: Single style load
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 07:58:36 PM »
The user drive is the internal memory that you can also use for storage and is used to store the access to any packs you may load.

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 08:02:26 PM »
I don't know in what context "USER drive" is mentioned, but there's only "USER memory" that I can recall. Means: you copy the pack on USB drive and then you install the pack from USB drive into keyboard's USER memory.
The are two kind of install packs, which differ in file extension: *.ppi =unprotected (editable) pack or *.cpi =protected pack. As for installing procedure, there's no difference between these two.
Now open PSR-SX900 Owner's manual and open page 134 -there's chapter Expansion Pack Related Operations.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 10:06:26 PM »
Yes, I think 'User Drive' means Internal memory. But it is only possible to store packs there (not done yet) but no single files to try?
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 12:05:01 AM »
Yes, I think 'User Drive' means Internal memory. But it is only possible to store packs there (not done yet) but no single files to try?

You can store anything you want on the User drive. Styles, multi pads, text, whatever.

The User drive is separate from interval memory which is where preset voices and styles are stored.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 08:36:08 AM »
I have a style I want to try out on my SX900. How can I load this.

Some of the other answers have assumed you are talking about a style from an expansion pack. Is that the case, or is it an actual style file that have on your computer?

If you already have the file, then all you need to do is copy the file onto a USB, and stick the USB into your keyboard. Then when you go to select a style, select USB as the source, and the file should appear on the screen to select it just like any other preset style.

If you want, you can copy the style file from the USB into the USER memory area so that it is always available even when the USB is not connected.

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 12:13:00 PM »
You put me on the right track. I put on my reading glasses and saw that small area at the top of the screen with USER. And if I press that area then I can do a lot more with single styles. And it is suddenly much more clear to me how I can use the USB stick.
I love this forum. Thanks to all the helpers, but this certainly won't be my last question.

Regards Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463