Author Topic: Gremlins are stealing my posts  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Toril S

Gremlins are stealing my posts
« on: November 08, 2022, 10:11:45 PM »
Hello :)
The forum is functioning properly, so perhaps I shouldn't bother, but I do. A little bit :) My post count goes up, then it goes down some numbers. I write some posts again, all is well, but some days later the count is down. I suspect this happens to other members as well. I see many active friends, but their post counts are not going up much.
My conclusion is that there are Gremlins on the forum, who gobble up our post numbers. As long as they leave our posts alone I should be satisfied, but it bugs me :)

I must add a big thanks to all the people who are working to keep this forum up and running!

Alll the best from Toril :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Gremlins are stealing my posts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 11:40:18 PM »
Hello :)
The forum is functioning properly, so perhaps I shouldn't bother, but I do. A little bit :) My post count goes up, then it goes down some numbers. I write some posts again, all is well, but some days later the count is down. I suspect this happens to other members as well. I see many active friends, but their post counts are not going up much.
My conclusion is that there are Gremlins on the forum, who gobble up our post numbers. As long as they leave our posts alone I should be satisfied, but it bugs me :)

I must add a big thanks to all the people who are working to keep this forum up and running!

Alll the best from Toril :)

Hi Toril,

There are no Gremlins on the forum gobbling up your post count, unless you consider me being a Gremlin.  LOL!!!

If a topic or a post is removed from any of the forum boards, then the post count for anyone who has previously posted in that board will find their post count has been diminished by the total number of times they posted in that particular board.

You post a lot in the "Songs Played by Forum Members" board, so please remember that those topics are removed when they are 30 days old.  I perform forum maintenance once a day and among many other things that I do, one of the functions is to trim down the aforementioned board by removing the 30-day old topics.

Your post count is being diminished due to forum maintenance.  I hope this resolves your dilemma, Toril. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 11:55:25 PM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 10:44:59 AM »
Hello Roger! That explains it all! And I do not consder you a Gremlin, but rather a very helpful and kind person! You work so hard to maintain the forum for us! A big thanks and a warm hug for all you do. Mystery solvet, no Gremlins LOL😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline pika-san

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 02:16:20 PM »
Hello,
Wow, i didn't expect someone talking about gremlins on a forum! I saw trolls, but gremlins are quite nice actually, lol!
Kind regards...
yamaha extentions files styles for keyboards are as follows:
pst (pianist); pcs(piano combo); sst (session); prs (pro); bcs(basic); fps (free play) and scp (dj style).