Author Topic: Change volume each track recording sx700  (Read 1201 times)

Dshaggy

Change volume each track recording sx700
« on: November 08, 2022, 12:40:25 PM »
So when i record a song on the 16 tracks, track 1-8 are for the drums and accompaniment. And 9-16 for melody and voices.
My question is tracks 1-8... So if i have the drums on track 1 and 2, bass on 3 and i want to record chords on track 4 is there a possibilty to reduce the volume of just the guitar i will be recording on track 4?

The same for tracks 9-16. Let's say i play the melody on track 9 and on track 10 i want to have a chorus. Can I record the chorus "softer" in volume?

Thank you so much for your time and advice

Offline DerekA

Re: Change volume each track recording sx700
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 02:59:07 PM »
So when i record a song on the 16 tracks, track 1-8 are for the drums and accompaniment. And 9-16 for melody and voices.
My question is tracks 1-8... So if i have the drums on track 1 and 2, bass on 3 and i want to record chords on track 4 is there a possibilty to reduce the volume of just the guitar i will be recording on track 4?

The same for tracks 9-16. Let's say i play the melody on track 9 and on track 10 i want to have a chorus. Can I record the chorus "softer" in volume?

Thank you so much for your time and advice

Firstly, if you use the defaults on a MIDI quick record, the accompaniment records on 9-16 while the panel parts + multipads record to 1-8. If you're doing a multi record, you can pick the source parts for each track.

Once the track has been recorded, it doesn't matter if the source was an accompaniment part, or a panel part. You have a couple of choices depending on what exactly you want to do.

1 - You can change the overall volume of the entire recorded track. Use the Mixer to set the volume you want, then execute the Setup command to 'burn' the mixer settings into the recorded MIDI before saving.

2 - You can sprinkle individual volume values through any track by opening it in Step Edit mode, and inserting MIDI Control Change (CC) 7 events wherever you want. A value of 0 is no volume, 127 is full volume. You don't need to execute Setup after doing this, just save the file.
Genos