Author Topic: Eq and Compresser settings  (Read 1365 times)

Offline tyrosguy85

Eq and Compresser settings
« on: November 08, 2022, 09:56:21 AM »
Hi all,
I am hoping to get a PSR SX900 in a few weeks time.
When I use my Tyros 4 through my Bose system I have the Eq set to FLAT and the Compresser set to BASIC.
Does the SX900 have the same?
Cheers
John. :D

Offline ton37

Re: Eq and Compresser settings
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 11:00:30 AM »
Yes, pls. do a search on this forum for 'Gold EQ'  I like the EQ settings of Robinez . It all comes to a setting of your own liking
My best regards,
Ton

Offline overover

Re: Eq and Compresser settings
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 12:32:32 PM »
Hi all,
I am hoping to get a PSR SX900 in a few weeks time.
When I use my Tyros 4 through my Bose system I have the Eq set to FLAT and the Compresser set to BASIC.
Does the SX900 have the same?

Cheers
John. :D

Hi John,

On Genos and PSR-SX models, the "basic" Master Compressor type is called "Natural". The Master EQ type "Flat" is available on all models, of course.

I always use my Genos with Master EQ "Flat" / Master Compressor "Natural", including on my Bose system (2 * L1 model 2 plus 2 * B2 Bass). I think that in connection with a good speaker system you get a very good sound with the settings mentioned.

Depending on the room acoustics, you can still change the settings manually if necessary. By the way, the middle frequency bands of the Master EQ are "fully parametric", i.e. you can set both the center frequency and the bandwidth ("Q") separately for each EQ band. If, for example, there is "droning" in the bass range, you can try reducing the gain a little (e.g. -3dB) at 200 - 250 Hz ("Q" 0.7, i.e. the widest possible bandwidth).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: tyrosguy85, MadrasGiaguari