Author Topic: EV's new Everse 8 Battery Powered Speakers  (Read 2309 times)

Offline jimlaing

EV's new Everse 8 Battery Powered Speakers
« on: October 31, 2022, 03:52:39 AM »
Just saw notes about these new speakers from EV: Everse 8 battery-powered speaker.  They might be of interest - from various reviews, they seem to have lots of positive attributes.  Not 'cheap' though. 

https://products.electrovoice.com/na/en/everse8

Lots of reviews and video reviews out there, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3r3dwUIFN0

-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline jimlaing

Re: EV's new Everse 8 Battery Powered Speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 04:01:19 PM »
I found some covers that work nicely (with one modification) for these: Turbosound TS-PC8 covers.  These are nicely-made, nicely-padded covers.   I knew they may not be a 'perfect' fit - it turns out, once I had someone with sewing experience "hem" them by 2 inches (remove 2" from the bottom and re-sew the 'hem') - they are now PERFECT for the EV-8s!  To me, they are easier and more 'efficient' than the EV brand cases, which while nice, area "more than I need" (and more expensive).  I like these!
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 05:34:43 PM »
Interesting but certainly not cheap, - about $2000 for a pair when you add in covers and spare battery. Not sure how what circumstances a keyboard player might need battery powered PA since you need power anyway for the keyboard.
Mike

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 08:12:51 PM »
The new Casios can run on batteries (PXS slim stage piano series) as well as some of their 61 key arrangers, although their arrangers are closer to the PSRE's than they are to the sx series. The only other thing I can think of is maybe you're only allowed 1 outlet, so you need your speakers to be battery powered (powered speakers would take up 2 more sockets).

But yeah, at that point why not a portable PA like a Yamaha Stagepas?