Author Topic: DGX670 1st Year Of Ownership,  (Read 5045 times)

Online Graham UK

DGX670 1st Year Of Ownership,
« on: October 30, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »
DGX670. This month November 2022 has completed my first full year with the DGX670, I play it for home pleasure and have been very pleased with the way it performs.
I'm an arranger player but this has the benefit of the piano side being there when I needed it.
The weighted key-bed 88keys for me are a joy to play.
After 50 years playing Yamaha...Roland...Korg. (Have loved them all).
The price paid £799 for the DGX I was not expecting such good voice sample quality, but all are good.
The minus points are due to being piano based Yamaha have tried to keep the panel layout clean so only a limited number of button option are provided.
The OS Menu system initially is a pain which has taken time to come to terms with and does mean more button pushing to get to your wanted editing options, but overall very good value.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:39:06 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

Offline mikf

Re: DGX670 1st Year Of Ownership,
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 11:18:19 PM »
The DGX seems a great instrument for the piano player who wants access to auto accompaniment, without going to the expense of the CVP range. Glad it worked out well.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline stephenm52

Re: DGX670 1st Year Of Ownership,
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 01:48:51 AM »
I bought a DGX670 to use in a seasonal home, I purchased it for its piano, it was not my first choice but I'm very happy with it.  I rarely use the arranger features usually only when I need to take a break from practicing and want to have some fun playing with styles.   Graham is right it does take some extra button pushing but once you use the playlist feature provided by Yamaha it makes things a little easier.  I think it's the best value dollar for dollar lots of features and a nice piano action.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK