Author Topic: Arp 3/4 & 6/8 piano styles?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Dave Nuttall

Arp 3/4 & 6/8 piano styles?
« on: October 28, 2022, 12:53:46 PM »
Yamaha styles collections typically contain numerous slow and medium tempo arpeggio styles.  There are a few that are piano dominant but generally they are guitar especially in 3/4 and 6/8 time.

One of my favorites is Guitar Serenade, but it doesn't seem to be willing to become a "piano serenade".  Also, there are many ballad styles that are piano (or could be), but only appear as 4/4 styles.

If you have piano styles in 3/4 and 6/8, I'd be grateful to get access to them.   The stride and "Vienna waltz" type are not suitable for the music I want to play/record.

TIA.
Dave

Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline bpsafran

Re: Arp 3/4 & 6/8 piano styles?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 02:02:25 PM »
You can change the guitar to a piano in a registration.

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 02:59:37 PM »
No, you need to go into style creator and change the guitar to piano within the style, then save the style with a new name.
I am not sure what he means, by “not willing to become a piano serenade”. Maybe he means it just doesn’t sound good with the instrument change.
Mike

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 11:25:04 AM »
No, you need to go into style creator and change the guitar to piano within the style, then save the style with a new name.
I am not sure what he means, by “not willing to become a piano serenade”. Maybe he means it just doesn’t sound good with the instrument change.
Mike

That is exactly what I mean, Mike!
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 04:07:50 PM »
Dave,

You should be able to use the Arp Unit Multiply parameter to get 3/4 or 6/8 time. Just set one of the Live Control knobs to control Arp Unit Multiply and experiment with it.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 04:09:06 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 04:54:01 PM »

Mike

You don't necessarily have to go into the Style Creator, but changes to the Style that were previously made in the Mixer can also be memorized directly in Registrations. (With the restriction that the changes then apply equally to ALL Style Sections.)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 10:08:45 PM »
You should be able to use the Arp Unit Multiply parameter to get 3/4 or 6/8 time. Just set one of the Live Control knobs to control Arp Unit Multiply and experiment with it.

Guess I'll have to "study up" on that, Joe!
Thanks for the input.

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 10:41:13 PM »
The style creator is not very intimidating to do something simple like an instrument change. It seems like the simplest way, why not try it. Just pick out the track with the guitar arpeggio, change instrument to piano or whatever, save the style with a new name, like piano serenade, then try it. If you don’t like it, then maybe you can take the next step and re-record just that one track yourself. Save it, see how it sounds. It’s all trial and error. You can’t do any harm.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Dave Nuttall

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 11:23:29 PM »
Guess I'll have to "study up" on that, Joe!
Thanks for the input.

Dave,

I think I misunderstood your question or concern.  I thought you were talking about the arpeggiator.

Sorry for the confusion.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html