Author Topic: how to change left voice on 740  (Read 2119 times)

ekurburski

how to change left voice on 740
« on: October 27, 2022, 10:02:18 PM »
trying to set up kb like a combo organ.  I want bass in left hand and organ in right. 
how do I do this?

Offline SciNote

Re: how to change left voice on 740
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 12:26:55 AM »
I'm not totally sure how this is done on the PSR-740, but it can be done.  I had a PSR-520 a long time ago, which was sort of part of the same general era of Yamaha arrangers, and as I remember, there was a main menu, and you could step back and forth through the different functions of this menu -- and one of the options was the voice and voice characteristics of the split voice, which is what Yamaha calls the voice for the left hand side of the keyboard.

Another thing to check is to see if your keyboard has a button labeled "Split" -- if so, then usually, pushing it turns the split keyboard feature on and off, and if you press and hold that button down for a couple seconds, it may take you right to the options to select the voice you want for the split/left hand voice, as well as its characteristics, such as volume, octave, reverb, and chorus.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 02:31:50 AM »
trying to set up kb like a combo organ.  I want bass in left hand and organ in right. 
how do I do this?

Hi Earl,

The PSR-740 Owner's Manual details the procedure for playing multiple Voices in separate split areas. Please read the "Playing Voices" section (pages 26 - 29) in the manual. If you don't have the manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=psr-740

Turn OFF the ACMP button. Choose e.g. a Bass voice for Voice L and an Organ voice for Voice R1. If necessary, you can select another voice for Voice R2, which should be layered with R1, i.e. played at the same time.

If Voice L is also switched ON in addition to Voice R1 and/or Voice R2, the set Split Point is automatically activated (F#2/G2 by default). Refer to page 135 for instructions on setting the Split Point.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 04:26:08 AM »
Yes Chris, I have read the manual and it doesn't seem to work for me.  It is playing some other voice.  I must be doing something different cause every thing else is working right.  Will mess with ist some more.

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 09:11:35 PM »
I found it! DUH! You have to tirn on the voice.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 01:32:59 AM »
 :)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 02:08:46 AM »
Thanks for your feedback Earl!

I'm glad you were able to get it working now. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)