Author Topic: Yamaha Customer Service Portal: Where to send your complaints and suggestions  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Amwilburn

Not sure if this is the right place, but no, Yamaha doesn't scour forum boards for suggestions and complaints. Those should go to each local Yamaha representative:

For Yamaha Canada it's for Customers/Dealers in Canada; can ask Yamaha Canada questions through their customer service portal:
https://ca.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/index.html

I assume it's the same url for each regional variant, eg for the USA & UK (why no /en/ for the US? I'd have assumed because there's only 1 official language, but that doesn't explain why there's an /en/ for the UK!) But if you type without the /en/ it automatically fills it in for you.
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/contacts/index.html
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/index.html

But there's also idea scale for suggestions (yes, it's official, Yamaha USA), although this appears to be more of a future suggestions forum).
https://yamahapk.ideascale.com/

When I brought up the S.Art EP's clipping polyphony due to the key off sample cutting off a low note, or the S.Art Organ rotary beien fast or slow with no speed-up or slow down, they replied that hadn't heard any complaints other than mine (they only listen through official channels). So outside of the dealer (e.g. me) they hadn't heard anything. So please send any suggestions/complaints through your local Yamaha rep through your local version of the above links

if I've posted this in the wrong place, please let me know! Or please correct it,

Mark
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:35:07 AM by Amwilburn »

Offline EileenL

I have been saying this for years. If you have a problem, then Yamaha are the people to go too to sort it out. They certainly don't come onto forums to get information about what is or in not working properly.

Offline BogdanH

Hello Mark,

Thank you for confirming.

...they replied that hadn't heard any complaints other than mine (they only listen through official channels). So outside of the dealer (e.g. me) they hadn't heard anything...
-they always response that way.

I was working for big (car industry) company and I can tell you, they all have "a rule": if possible, never admit that some issue/problem is already widely known! Otherwise, it's like admitting that the product has a flaw, but company does nothing to solve/prevent it.
From my experience, companies many times are aware of the problems (they do get feedback from service department!), but as product is already on the market, nothing much can be done to prevent the problem... except replacing flawed part -but only in case if owner directly complains. That's much cheaper than replacing part on thousands of products under warranty. That is, mass callback will be executed only if safety is jeopardized, or if certain flaw could lead to much more expensive (warranty) repair later.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Jeff Hollande

they all have "a rule": if possible, never admit that some issue/problem is already widely known!
Otherwise, it's like admitting that the product has a flaw, but company does nothing to solve/prevent it.

A loyal customer would never expect/understand this kind of reactions from a reliable manufacturer, IMHO.
The truth is hard to hide.

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 12:46:48 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline DrakeM

A loyal customer would never expect/understand this kind of reactions from a reliable manufacturer, IMHO.
The truth is hard to hide.

Best regards, JH

Oh my, The Manufacture just did it for 2 years and was caught last month regarding the covid "vaccine" not being tested on transmission of from person to person.
That's one current example for you. 

Jeff Hollande

Thank you for your comments, Drake.

A very sad story that confirms not all manufacturers are reliable.

Best wishes, JH