Author Topic: New DGX 670 owner. Loving it after an EQ tweak...  (Read 4066 times)

Offline rolijen

New DGX 670 owner. Loving it after an EQ tweak...
« on: October 24, 2022, 02:48:17 AM »
I've had my DGX 670 for about a week now. Wow! So happy with it. But at first, the woolly tone, especially of the piano voices was really a disappointment. Thank goodness for helpful members of the DGX Facebook group. I got it EQ'd in a jiffy. Really opened it up. Sounds great. I basically took one of the presets (Bright) and tweaked it a little. Now the keyboard defaults to this adjusted tone setting and I'm a very happy camper. Here's a photo of the settings I'm using:

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master, wersianer

Offline Graham UK

Re: New DGX 670 owner. Loving it after an EQ tweak...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 08:21:07 AM »
I assume you are setting EQ for DGX built-in speakers.
You can also adjust the Compression setting for added benefits.
My Compression settings...Comp 50. Texture 70.  Output 60. Compression needs to be switch ON.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 10:10:33 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: BarryPSRE473, eubiecool

Offline CooperBeau

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 06:28:54 PM »
Hello,

The screenshot of your settings was deleted. Can you reply with the EQ settings you have? TIA

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 07:07:36 PM »
Hello,

The screenshot of your settings was deleted. Can you reply with the EQ settings you have? TIA

I'd be interested in these too, you can send a private message of you can find my email address in my profile.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Hearts51

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 06:20:53 AM »
Hi Stephen, Just wondered, did you get to see the settings screenshot?

If so, can you send me a pic/link please?

I'm looking for the richest jazz piano for the DGX 670. I like the sound of the Studio Grand, but would love to know how to tweak it to achieve the kind of sound I hear on some of the 'teaching sites' I've stumbled upon on the net.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Cheers, Derek.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 08:41:52 AM »
is there a screen shot of these eq settings please

Offline frozzers

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 12:02:50 PM »
Not quite what you're looking for but have a read of this:

https://www.epianos.co.uk/how-to-sound-amazing-on-the-yamaha-dgx670/

The suggested changes to the reverb and chorus settings produce phenomenal results.

Cheers

Chris

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, motekmusic

Offline Dnj

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 07:07:54 PM »
I assume you are setting EQ for DGX built-in speakers.
You can also adjust the Compression setting for added benefits.
My Compression settings...Comp 50. Texture 70.  Output 60. Compression needs to be switch ON.

Graham Thank you for the setting suggestions .....I have it on Natural but....
can you or anyone else also tell me which "TYPE" you selected also on your DGX it's not listed in your reply above ??.

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 07:26:25 PM by Dnj »

Offline flailman

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »
Very interesting topic and replies as I have had my 670 for two months and notice a "buzz" or "fuzz" on harmonically rich voices above C4.  Very noticeable on a good set of headphones.  Wondering if anyone else notices this and whether some setting in the EQ would eliminate or diminish. Appreciate all on this site and wonder why admin cant show pic.
DGX 670, PSR-E373 and PSS-480

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »
Very interesting topic and replies as I have had my 670 for two months and notice a "buzz" or "fuzz" on harmonically rich voices above C4.  Very noticeable on a good set of headphones. Wondering if anyone else notices this and whether some setting in the EQ would eliminate or diminish. Appreciate all on this site and wonder why admin cant show pic.

Hi flailman,

In your case, the overall output may be too high internally, so that internal digital distortion sometimes occurs (when playing loudly). Please open the Master Compressor display and check whether the Output bar goes into the RED area for loud parts. Then you should lower the Output control there a little so that the Output bar is only green and yellow.

Another idea: If you have raised one or more frequency bands very strongly in the Master EQ, it might be helpful to lower all 5 EQ bands together using the "Total Gain Adjust" buttons.

By the way, the forum admin had deleted many file attachments from existing posts some time ago in order to make space on the forum server again. If you are interested in a specific, deleted attachment, you could ask the user in question to repost the attachment (e.g. picture).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 04:42:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline flailman

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 05:01:02 PM »
Thanks Overover. Output was all green. However setting Total Gain Adjust so all are at a -dB seems to really help.  I presume hitting save will make these the default settings?
DGX 670, PSR-E373 and PSS-480

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 07:37:22 PM »
Thanks Overover. Output was all green. However setting Total Gain Adjust so all are at a -dB seems to really help.  I presume hitting save will make these the default settings?

Thanks for your feedback, flailman!

By pressing Save the User Master EQ display shows up. There use one of the user slots (User1, User2, etc.), rename it to your liking and press OK to save the current MEQ settings to this user slot.

This way you can save several different User MEQ settings and quickly reload them when needed. See also the attached screenshot (DGX-670 Reference Manual, page 72).

By the way, please note that the Master Compressor settings must be saved separately in a user slot.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: flailman