News:

PSR Tutorial Forum is Now Back to Life!

Main Menu

New Ketron EVM module

Started by BogdanH, January 25, 2024, 05:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patt22

Hello,

The EVM is now online at MusicMatos with its description, 1st observation, more than 500 styles on the EVM and more than 600 on the Évent!

https://www.musicmatos.com/6015-arrangeurs-modules-ketron-event-evm.html

Edit: "UVN" changed to "EVM" by overover
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

Bill

Video showing the module with a Genos 2 - it's a bit long but he does NOT overplay the sales pitch.  Worth a look if you have the time.

THIS IS THE EVENT X MODULE NOT THE EVM (as pointed out by RoyB )

https://youtu.be/dh2EjTxTcG8

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

mikf

Interesting, and he gets the best of both, but the vast majority of us are never going to want it to be that complicated. The improvement seems small for the investment in learning how to optimize, and the complication of operation. Most of us want to just switch on and play, and Yamaha offer that best.
Mike

Gunnar Jonny

Quote from: mikf on February 05, 2024, 08:18:15 AM
Most of us want to just switch on and play, and Yamaha offer that best.

I would say all Arranger (Autocomp) Keyboard Brands is just as easy to power up and play stright out off the box as Yamaha.
But when start deep dive all poosabilities and add modules and such, then it usually gets a bit more complicated until nessesary knowledge and setup is done.
Anyway, both the EVM 'Box' version and the X-Module seem to be a great addon to combine two worlds.
AJ have some good points, and it does not seem to complicated to connect and have lots of fun.  ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

RoyB

That video is of the Event-X hardware module rather than the Ketron EVM.
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Bill

Quote from: RoyB on February 05, 2024, 09:39:00 AM
That video is of the Event-X hardware module rather than the Ketron EVM.

Hi Roy

You are completely right. I had not read all the thread. I awas going to say I must be getting old, but I already know I am - TOO OLD.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

mikf

With regard to simplicity, I agree all arranger products can be switched on and played. But when you start to combine, and look for the best of all worlds from combinations, that simplicity disappears. Because you then start to combine two systems, and have to rebalance. He actually switched off some voices from each style to get the best combination. And I suspect that was a simple example.
And he also inferred that Yamaha leans towards a very large range of styles that you can just use. Whereas the Ketron  philosophy is to provide less of a range of styles but easier editing and customization. Some prefer that, but it means more knowledge and work.
When you put it all together that might be great for the person who wants that level of control, or whose joy comes from tinkering.
I'm not criticizing the Ketron, or the idea of combining them. But it doesn't appeal to me.
Mike