Author Topic: recording  (Read 2868 times)

Offline micktheplumber

recording
« on: October 20, 2022, 12:02:26 PM »
Good morning ,i would like to record direct from my tyros 4 to my laptop i use OBS for video recording ,i used to record direct from my 740 keyboard as it acted as an audio interface,this tyros apparently does not,i have tried a cable from aux out to C type into laptop but it does not show up as a keyboard, i have read somewhere that you have to take audio out to microphone socket on laptop but my laptop does not have mic socket, do i need to purchase a audio interface ,thank you for any help .
Mick

Offline mixermixer

Re: recording
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 01:01:53 PM »
Yes, you do need an audio interface or a mixer that has a USB out to connect your T4 to your PC.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »
Even if your laptop had an mic input, I don't see it as permanent solution.. is more a workaround, because:
-can be hard to adjust levels properly,
-can be hard to avoid noise (mic inputs are more sensible than line inputs),
-mini mic connectors on laptops/PC's are quite fragile (and often not reliable),
-is not practical in case you also wish to use microphone along with keyboard.

As you figured out, audio interface is the only proper solution. And before you hit "put into basket" button, you might be interested to read this:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64292.msg488531.html#msg488531

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 01:26:06 PM »
Alternatively, record the audio on the keyboard to USB then copy the WAV file to the computer.
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »
Alternatively, record the audio on the keyboard to USB then copy the WAV file to the computer.

If I remember correctly, .wav files created with Audio Quick Recording on the T4 are always automatically saved in the root directory of the internal T4 hard drive (with an automatically assigned, sequential number). From there you can either copy the .wav files to a USB stick or copy them directly to the computer in USB storage mode.

By the way, if you want to DELETE previously recorded Audio files from the root of the internal T4 hard drive, DO NOT press "Delete > ALL" because then the ENTIRE HARD DISK would be DELETED.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 02:00:47 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 03:44:03 PM »
If I remember correctly, .wav files created with Audio Quick Recording on the T4 are always automatically saved in the root directory of the internal T4 hard drive (with an automatically assigned, sequential number). From there you can either copy the .wav files to a USB stick or copy them directly to the computer in USB storage mode.

By the way, if you want to DELETE previously recorded Audio files from the root of the internal T4 hard drive, DO NOT press "Delete > ALL" because then the ENTIRE HARD DISK would be DELETED.

Actually, they’re in a folder called AUDIOREC.ROOT, so Delete All would delete only those files in the folder.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 04:11:48 PM »
I did think i would need audio interface ,recording to a usb and loading to pc in OBS with video recording not really an option as i would then have to cinc usb or file to OBS  video easier to record both together ,thank you all for advice.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 04:40:07 PM »
Actually, they’re in a folder called AUDIOREC.ROOT, so Delete All would delete only those files in the folder.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred,

In the hidden folder " AUDIOREC.ROOT" are "only" the Audio data created with Audio MULTI Recording. The .wav files created with Audio QUICK Recording are directly in the root directory of the hard drive. And here, as mentioned, when you say "Delete > ALL" in the Audio File Selection display, all files and folders on the hard drive are selected and will be deleted when you press OK.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 02:03:59 AM »
In the hidden folder " AUDIOREC.ROOT" are "only" the Audio data created with Audio MULTI Recording. The .wav files created with Audio QUICK Recording are directly in the root directory of the hard drive. And here, as mentioned, when you say "Delete > ALL" in the Audio File Selection display, all files and folders on the hard drive are selected and will be deleted when you press OK.

You may be right for a Tyros, Chris. In case it's relevant, Audio Quick Recordings on a Genos are stored in the Song folder.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 02:10:57 AM »
You may be right for a Tyros, Chris. In case it's relevant, Audio Quick Recordings on a Genos are stored in the Song folder.

Cheers,
Fred

Yes Fred, my hints related specifically to Audio Quick recordings on Tyros4. which the thread starter was about.

Best regards,
Chris