Author Topic: Playlist for Genos superior pack gives error message  (Read 2608 times)

da240474

Playlist for Genos superior pack gives error message
« on: October 20, 2022, 09:54:07 AM »
Hi,

I got my Genos a couple of weeks ago and now I'm busy to get it all set to move from my Tyros 5.
I watched many instruction video's and tutorials on the menu structure, registration banks and playlists.
Somehow I cannot get the playlist packs that are on the Yamaha site working. I must be doing something wrong.
The unzipped directories are on the root of my USB1. I can call up the playlist but when I load a song I get an error "file not found or file name is inappropriate"
Maybe someone has an idea ? see pictures attached in pdf
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online overover

Re: Playlist for Genos superior pack gives error message
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 11:42:49 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, da240474!

Please check first (when the USB stick is connected to the computer) whether the "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder (which, according to your pictures, is correctly located in the root of the stick) contains the Playlist file "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack.tsv" and the associated 50 Registration Bank files (.rgt). For example, for the playlist record "Adios Amor", the file "Adios Amor.rgt" must be located directly in the named folder.

So if the Registration Bank files (.rgt) associated with a particular Playlist file (.tsv) are renamed or moved to another folder, that playlist will not be able to find the associated registration and you will get an error message. The Playlist files (.tsv), on the other hand, can be duplicated, renamed or moved at any time without affecting the function.

By the way, the USB stick must of course remain connected after calling up a playlist whose data is on the stick.

P.S.
If you want to copy such Yamaha playlists, which are intended for use from the USB stick, into the internal Genos User drive (in order to use them afterwards without a connected USB stick), there are a few important things to consider: First, the Registration Bank files (. rgt) and the Playlist files must each be copied separately to the correct locations in the Genos User drive (in the respective File Selection display or in USB storage mode), and secondly, the file paths to the .rgt files within the .tsv Playlist files must be adjusted to the new location of the .rgt files.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 01:49:03 PM »
You must make sure that the USB stick you are using for Playlist is the very first USB stick inserted into Genos and therefore reads USB1 on screen.

da240474

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »
Thanks for the clear message Chris.
The registration bank files were not in the same location as the playlist file.
Works great now.
In the beginning the file location on Genos is a little confusing but I'm getting there  :)
Best regards,

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 08:13:07 PM »
Thanks for the clear message Chris.
The registration bank files were not in the same location as the playlist file.
Works great now.
In the beginning the file location on Genos is a little confusing but I'm getting there  :)
Best regards,

You are welcome, da240474. I'm glad it's working now. :)

As I said, it is only important that the .rgt files are at the location that match the path information in the associated .tsv file. However, you can copy/move/rename the .tsv Playlist files at any time if desired. For example, in the Genos Bonus Playlist ("PlaylistForGenos" folder) there are 15 category subfolders ("Ballroom" etc.), and in each of these folders is a .tsv Playlist file. Just copy all 15 .tsv files ("Genos Playlist Ballroom.tsv" etc.) into the main folder "PlaylistForGenos". This allows you to switch between the playlists of the individual categories (genres) much more quickly.

By the way, you can open the .tsv Playlist files on the computer with a Text Editor (e.g. Windows Editor/Notepad) or a spread sheet program like Excel. This way you can check the file paths for the linked .rgt files. (The drive letter "I:/" at the beginning of such a file path in a .tsv file means, for example, that the USB stick in question must be displayed as "USB1" on the keyboard.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:22:09 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

da240474

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »
That’s valuable info
Thanks