Author Topic: Foot pedal discovery that might help some of you  (Read 2310 times)

Offline juneau

Foot pedal discovery that might help some of you
« on: August 27, 2022, 08:06:59 PM »
I’m using a Behringer Midi Foot Controller (FCB1010) for five foot switches. They work fine. One of the switches does the registration advance (+). So I want to use the three Yamaha FC5 pedals to do other things.

I had sequence advance set to the Yamaha FC5 pedal 1 and weird stuff happened. I then remembered that registration foot pedal settings take precedence over any other setting for FC5 pedals. It might show it set to the default of Sustain but it actually advances the registrations. What I didn’t know is that you can turn off any Yamaha foot switch in the Refistration settings screen by pressing the one currently set. It just toggles between off and on.

The sequence setting itself must be set to On for it to work, even with Midi. But you can shut off the FC5 pedal assigned to it. Then I was able to set that pedal to whatever function I wanted.

Maybe this is helpful to some of you. I have found that to really use this keyboard's features while playing I need all the pedals I can configure. Now I just need to learn how to configure pedals 6-10 on the Behringer!

Offline Double Vision

Re: Foot pedal discovery that might help some of you
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »
Brand new Genos owner.
Do the two expression pedals on the fcb1010 work on genos?
I have a Roland EV5 expression pedal that won’t work.
I also have 3 Boss FS-5U pedals and can only use to turn on/off vocal harmony
Tried using for sustain and off/on accompanying style? No luck!
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Cheers Double Vision

Offline Bill

Re: Foot pedal discovery that might help some of you
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »

Maybe this is helpful to some of you. I have found that to really use this keyboard's features while playing I need all the pedals I can configure. Now I just need to learn how to configure pedals 6-10 on the Behringer!

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fcbff-your-guitar-midi-foot-controllers-best-friend/id896310133

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2