Author Topic: YEM Setting Help.  (Read 1908 times)

YEM Setting Help.
« on: October 14, 2022, 05:16:12 AM »
Hi there I need some advise. I am trying to adjust a synth sound im creating on yem to inatall on my psr s770. I want the touch off velocity setting to where no matter how low i ht the velicity the sound comes out medium instead of very quiet. it worked when i use the keys on the keyboard but when i use a style that plays the voice at very low to high velicities the low ones are too quiet. I want to set it where if used in styles and midi it responds the way i want to set it. here;s a link to what im trying to do. :) https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/848892/yamaha-expansion-manager.html?page=13

Offline Misu

Re: YEM Setting Help.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 06:47:54 AM »
Hello KM,
The first thing that must be understood is that all the settings in <Common> do not affect the use of the voice in style and sometimes it is not transferred correctly even in the keyboard for the right hand. For the right, fortunately, they can also be found in the Sound edit tab where they can be adjusted.
Returning to your problem, which honestly it is possible that I did not understand it correctly, all you can do is in the element editing page.
Wave Assign - you can change the volumes of waves more to LOW waves and less to HIGH.
General-LPF Filter Gain & Cut Off - you can cut the high frequencies.
Amplitude EG - Attack time - The voice will start strong for 0 and crescendo for higher values.
I hope it helps you.
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 09:38:54 AM »
Hello KM,
The first thing that must be understood is that all the settings in <Common> do not affect the use of the voice in style and sometimes it is not transferred correctly even in the keyboard for the right hand. For the right, fortunately, they can also be found in the Sound edit tab where they can be adjusted.
Returning to your problem, which honestly it is possible that I did not understand it correctly, all you can do is in the element editing page.
Wave Assign - you can change the volumes of waves more to LOW waves and less to HIGH.
General-LPF Filter Gain & Cut Off - you can cut the high frequencies.
Amplitude EG - Attack time - The voice will start strong for 0 and crescendo for higher values.
I hope it helps you.
  It did lower the volume but it still played the same but still i appricciate your time. if you have any more toughts please share

Offline Misu

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 01:29:10 PM »
Hi,

Try to look with Mix Master at the value of velocity for the string channel in style.
Many are written with maximum.
Happen to me to found many styles where the strings channel don't change smoothly (too many translations and conversion) 
Usual instead to find right settings in CASM I prefer to copy the channel from another style.
If you want more you can share the Style and Voice(PPF) maybe I have a better one or I can fix yours.
Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 02:09:41 PM »
Hi Keyboard Master,

Please note that after making changes in the YEM to a specific voice, you will need to re-install this pack (along with any other packs you also want on the S770) on the S770. Otherwise, the changes made are only in the YEM, but not on the keyboard.

By the way, I also recommend re-exporting the changed pack in .ppf format from the YEM. This is the only way you will have the changed pack available again later (e.g. in the event of a possible problem with the YEM).

P.S.
You could possibly also solve the problem mentioned (some notes with too low a velocity on a certain Style channel) by editing the relevant style on the S770 in the Style Creator with the Compression function (Style Creator > tab Groove > Dynamics > Expand/CMP). Please see page 39 in the S770 Reference Manual.

You could also edit the Style as desired in the MixMaster PC program.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 03:06:41 AM »
Hi Keyboard Master,

Please note that after making changes in the YEM to a specific voice, you will need to re-install this pack (along with any other packs you also want on the S770) on the S770. Otherwise, the changes made are only in the YEM, but not on the keyboard.

By the way, I also recommend re-exporting the changed pack in .ppf format from the YEM. This is the only way you will have the changed pack available again later (e.g. in the event of a possible problem with the YEM).

P.S.
You could possibly also solve the problem mentioned (some notes with too low a velocity on a certain Style channel) by editing the relevant style on the S770 in the Style Creator with the Compression function (Style Creator > tab Groove > Dynamics > Expand/CMP). Please see page 39 in the S770 Reference Manual.

You could also edit the Style as desired in the MixMaster PC program.

Best regards,
Chris
Thank you for those tips I will try them out. 8)