Author Topic: SX700 - how do I set my mic to permanent "off"  (Read 1341 times)

Offline dlepera

SX700 - how do I set my mic to permanent "off"
« on: October 17, 2022, 03:31:06 PM »
Hello, I have a Behringer XM8500 mic which does not have an on/off switch so have to rely on my SX700 setting to switch if off when not in use.  The problem is that every time I turn my keyboard on the mic is also always on. Kind of a pain to remember to turn it off every time to avoid any reverb.

Q:  Is it possible to set something on the keyboard to remember that the mic should stay off on power up? 

Regards, dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline Dupe

Re: SX700 - how do I set my mic to permanent "off"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:59:34 PM »
Hi delepara, I don't know if that's possible from switch on. If nobody comes up with a solution using your keyboard, how about making yourself an inline switch or stand-alone switch box. Not complicated to put together using a simple switch and a couple of 1/4" mono jack sockets either panel mount or inline, you'll just need an extra jack plug lead.  regards Dupe.

Offline dlepera

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 07:43:56 PM »
Thank you Dupe. Good suggestion but it just may be easier to scrap the mic and get one with a switch seeing that I have to spend money on additional hardware to make it happy. It is just a shame as the mic is fairly new and can't return it.    Regards.   dom

Offline brucerez

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 10:25:41 PM »
Hi Dom,

I have also a mic without on/off switch and I was suggested to buy a mic cable with on/off switch.
Please see the link below.

Hope that helps.

https://www.proaudiola.com/product-p/1-M2534-ONOFFXLRF-XLRM-1.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo6bphpno-gIVMRWtBh2EeArEEAQYBSABEgJGpfD_BwE

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 02:43:43 AM »
I use a headset mic with no ON & OFF switch. I use a registration and set R1 with the MIC volume at ZERO. I use R2 set with the MIC having NO Reverb on it and the volume set at 100. I use R7 set up with the volume set at 100 and it has Reverb set at 17% for singing.

This is just an example, you can set R1 through R8 to what ever makes sense for yourself.

Regards
Drake

Offline dlepera

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 03:39:36 AM »
Brucereze and Drake, very good suggestions.. Thank you both.  I think I will go the cable route as per the link as it looks like the simplest solution.   Drake that is very good information and going to try it as part of my learning experience.  Both great ideas along with Dupe's switch suggestion.  Nice to have options.   

All the best to you gentlemen and very much appreciate the feedback/suggestions.

dom
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 03:44:09 AM by dlepera »