Author Topic: Is this new Genos 2 ?  (Read 11935 times)

Offline ton37

Re: Is this new Genos 2 ?
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
OK, a few already indicated it, so let's add a conspiracy theory. Yamaha is 'worried' of losing customers to the Korg PaX5. That is why they create a 'Genos 2/3' leak via third parties to bind doubters until the moment they bring the Genos 2/3 on the market. ('Please hold your money in your pocket for us!') So if you think of it as time wasting, then Yamaha won't be able to wait too long to take advantage of this 'arranged leak' (late 2022)
True or False?? The internet is used for everything these days, right? ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:49:20 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EileenL

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2022, 01:55:56 PM »
I would not think Yamaha is worried in the least and will realise a new keyboard when they intend to do so. In the meantime we have a great Genos to play and have been enjoying doing so for a long time.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2022, 02:31:08 PM »
True or False?? The internet is used for everything these days, right? ;)

Yeah, right, to create false pictures, videos and rumours just to gain lots of clicks is the most common. And by continuous post links at different fora make the creators earn even more.
And over and over again, we're getting fooled to ate the bait.   :P   ;D

Oh well, once in a while rumours that might to be true, but the Genos 2 stuff 'leaked', and the 'Would it look like this' is just nonsense.  ???
Cheers 🥂
GJ

tyrosman

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »
this is total Rubbish and very fake >:( and badly done

tyrosman

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »
Pull the other one  ;D ;D ;D ;D
nicely said Eileen ;D

keynote

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2022, 01:53:01 AM »
To be fair to the person who posted the video he stated very plainly it was his own concept of what he thought the Genos 2 might look like. The video itself seems to be the current Genos but altered by photoshop or some other photo editing software. I counted I think 3 extra 'buttons' in total and of course, the USB 3 interface described by its blue marked connector. IMO it's just one person's mock-up of how he thinks the Genos 2 might look but he also stated it's unofficial info as far as the specs and looks so it ain't the real deal needless to say. I don't think Yammie would make such a weird-looking Genos 2. The Pa5X, OTOH, looks quite stunning in my opinion including the gorgeous LCD touch screen. Yamaha knew in advance about the Pa5X months prior to its release in my opinion. Korg & Yammie are on good terms and have even collaborated with one another over the years. We know Yamaha waited 2 1/2 years or so after the release of the Pa4X before releasing the Genos. During the interim Yamaha most likely had a Pa4X lent to them and they diligently took it apart to see what made it tick. They weighed the pros and cons and built the Genos to be a step above the Pa4X and succeeded in my opinion. I'm mainly talking about the quality of sounds on the Genos compared to the Pa4X. The main reason Yamaha might release the Genos 2 sooner than the last go around is that the Pa5X has the smooth sound transition feature and once keyboardists get a taste of that futuristic addition I think they'll think... there's no turning back. Much like Dial-up compared to Broadband and everybody suddenly wanted to get Broadband because it was a night and day difference in both speed and capability. And then once people finally got a broadband connection you and I and everybody else said we ain't going back, right?  If Yammie waits too long they might lose more market share than they anticipated with the Pa5X. If you snooze, you lose. So instead of 2 1/2 years, perhaps we're now looking at 1-year max? One can only hope.   

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2022, 06:57:01 AM »
To be fair to the person who posted the video he stated very plainly it was his own concept of what he thought the Genos 2 might look like. The video itself seems to be the current Genos but altered by photoshop or some other photo editing software. I counted I think 3 extra 'buttons' in total and of course, the USB 3 interface described by its blue marked connector. IMO it's just one person's mock-up of how he thinks the Genos 2 might look but he also stated it's unofficial info as far as the specs and looks so it ain't the real deal needless to say. I don't think Yammie would make such a weird-looking Genos 2. The Pa5X, OTOH, looks quite stunning in my opinion including the gorgeous LCD touch screen. Yamaha knew in advance about the Pa5X months prior to its release in my opinion. Korg & Yammie are on good terms and have even collaborated with one another over the years. We know Yamaha waited 2 1/2 years or so after the release of the Pa4X before releasing the Genos. During the interim Yamaha most likely had a Pa4X lent to them and they diligently took it apart to see what made it tick. They weighed the pros and cons and built the Genos to be a step above the Pa4X and succeeded in my opinion. I'm mainly talking about the quality of sounds on the Genos compared to the Pa4X. The main reason Yamaha might release the Genos 2 sooner than the last go around is that the Pa5X has the smooth sound transition feature and once keyboardists get a taste of that futuristic addition I think they'll think... there's no turning back. Much like Dial-up compared to Broadband and everybody suddenly wanted to get Broadband because it was a night and day difference in both speed and capability. And then once people finally got a broadband connection you and I and everybody else said we ain't going back, right?  If Yammie waits too long they might lose more market share than they anticipated with the Pa5X. If you snooze, you lose. So instead of 2 1/2 years, perhaps we're now looking at 1-year max? One can only hope.
I totally share this opinion and hope. I also think that the technical basis of the current Genos is a major technical evolution of the Tyros generation which now allows Yamaha to exploit this gain in power without major hardware investments. For me, improvements will be in the software (I hope the SST, and random algorithms no longer limited to drums) and in the quality of the sounds (I hope a new generation of sounds). So it can happen any time when Yamaha will decide there are enough improvements. And there is a big risk that Genos users will buy a PA-5x if Yamaha waits too long.

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »
And there is a big risk that Genos users will buy a PA-5x if Yamaha waits too long.
Agreed. Brand loyalty can only take a company so far. After that people will jump ship. To get decent piano and B3 sounds, I bought a Nord Electro 5. This was because with each subsequent release of the arrangers, those voices were never really improved. It's not like Yamaha can't do it. All it takes is extra memory (cheap at the time) and smarter marketing people.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2022, 01:10:52 AM »
Dear friends,

I have write an article of my personal and biggest wishes list for new generation of the Genos. I hope my option will be useful for you.

Here my article about new Genos2: https://psrstyles.com/our-blog/yamaha-keyboard-news/43-yamaha-genos-2-coming.html

Thank you
New Voice, Styles and Expansion Packs for yamaha Arranger Workstation Keyboards https://psrstyles.com

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2022, 09:47:50 AM »
Very thoughtful article vitalog2010. I like that you also mentioned things, that might not be that important for your needs, however they are important in general. I think, most (if not all) of things you mentioned, also apply to PSR-SX series, which Yamaha promotes as "semi-pro" (and prices confirm that).

For me, it's not about Korg vs Yamaha. As Yamaha owner, I don't care what Korg has.. I only care about things that my Yamaha is simply missing (or is poorly implemented). On the other hand, one just can't not to see the facts... here in Europe, five years old Genos is about 5800€ and just released Pa5X is 5000€ (4300€ for 61 key version)...

You mentioned balanced audio connections, which is a perfect example. Calling some music instrument (semi)pro, without having balanced outputs, is a plain joke. I mean, every musical amplifier (or active speaker) above $100 has balanced inputs! -there is a reason why balanced connection was invented for live music performing (very long time ago). And then skimping on onboard user memory.. nowadays? No wi-fi/bluetooth built in.. nowadays? And the list goes on.. things you mentioned in your article.

Don't get me wrong: I'm happy with my SX700 and I don't regret buying it. But I don't pretend to think I have some "semi-pro" instrument -it's just an well featured home arranger keyboard. What would Yamaha need to do, to convince me to buy newer PSR-SX? Besides some of the things vitalog2010 mentioned, it has to have keybed of better quality -these clunky keys in current SX-es are embarrassing.

I'm aware this is a Genos forum section, so I apologize if my post doesn't fit here.

Thanks for reading,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2022, 12:46:48 PM »
Dear friends,

I have write an article of my personal and biggest wishes list for new generation of the Genos. I hope my option will be useful for you.

Here my article about new Genos2: https://psrstyles.com/our-blog/yamaha-keyboard-news/43-yamaha-genos-2-coming.html

Thank you
Perhaps I read too quickly. I didn’t find the « Seamless sound switch » feature which is for me the condition for the Genos to be considered as a professional instrument. It’s awful to hear bad transitions when you switch registrations.

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2022, 01:11:29 PM »
Agreed about the seamless style and registration switching! It's essential for us professional stage players. Most home players could use it as well. Their money is as good as ours 😀.

Excellent article. What amazes me is the number of "new features" that vitalog2010 wants to see added to Genos 2 that have existed on previous, much cheaper arrangers for years, made by Yamaha. Do we need any further proof that Yamaha's newer young generation of managers have soured the milk in so many ways? Sad, because the Genos is still an amazing keyboard.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2022, 01:56:55 PM »
Hi Guys :

It might sound like a silly question but ... would it be useful if Yamaha should create an other Genos ' update instead of producing an upgrade ?

JH
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:05:07 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Duffy

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2022, 02:52:35 PM »
Re-Jeff's suggestion,
I would be more than satisfied with a comprehensive update instead of a Genos 2.
By comprehensive, I mean all the issues which users have raised, except of course, those which cannot be solved by software means, such as extra buttons etc, which would need a new case.
As Yamaha updated the YC series to include brilliant Hammond & Leslie sounds, it shows how many things could be tackled on existing boards.
In place of extra buttons, maybe extra functions could be provided be letting users just have a larger choice of functions with buttons & sliders already provided.
I need good organ & Leslie sounds controlled by Drawbars which work like real Drawbars and I am not interested in fancy pictures of Drawbars on the display.
The old organs did not work with display screens with pictures of the drawbars BUT, THEY WORKED. and they worked so brilliantly.  Progress today is often gimmicks instead of real progress.
Seamless sound switching would be an absolute must, in any new update because, as has been said, Yamaha claimed that the Genos was a Pro keyboard and it still falls well short of that.
I agree that the younger generation of engineers are letting us down when they are dropping features which previously existed and not implementing enough new features.
They need only read forums such as this for users views but, you would think that they should know what is wanted and needed without being told.

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2022, 03:08:33 PM »
I agree that the younger generation of engineers are letting us down when they are dropping features which previously existed and not implementing enough new features. They need only read forums such as this for users views but, you would think that they should know what is wanted and needed without being told.
I would think it's the marketing people who are dropping the ball. These folks are dictated to by a weak management in my opinion. The engineers simply do as they're told. If the advice is garbage, then end product will be the same.

Offline sunny

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »
Another Genos2 video found on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxhvF3ktTY

Online Teknoss

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2022, 04:46:29 PM »
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline Toril S

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2022, 09:46:57 PM »
Fake feke feke! So I will go play my REAL Genos!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page