Author Topic: Genos and iPad Pro 12.9 2021 version  (Read 2281 times)

Offline klaplante

Genos and iPad Pro 12.9 2021 version
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:52:10 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have a few music apps on my iPad that have some great sounds in them.  Animoog is one the other is Syntronik.  I would love to be able to use some of these sounds via midi on my Genos.  The iPad Pro does not have a headphone jack.  So will I need an Audio Interface so I can route the output of the iPad to aux in of the Genos.  I'm very new to midi and have been struggling with this. Is what I want to do, doable? 

Thanks
Ken

Offline Bill

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline klaplante

Re: Genos and iPad Pro 12.9 2021 version
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 11:46:31 PM »
Ok thank you Bill. 

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 01:56:29 PM »
I have an Ipad pro and have a head phone socket which I use ear buds with. It takes the miniature Jack plug. It is on the left at the top.

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 02:17:40 PM »
I have an Ipad pro and have a head phone socket which I use ear buds with. It takes the miniature Jack plug. It is on the left at the top.

Eileen,  the new IPad Pro does not have a headphone socket. All it has is a single USB-C socket for everything.  Unfortunately  it can only do one thing at a time.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Duffy

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 02:43:59 PM »
Eileen,  the new IPad Pro does not have a headphone socket. All it has is a single USB-C socket for everything.  Unfortunately  it can only do one thing at a time.

Regards

Bill
Very true!   I have just bought the iPad Pro too and am astounded at this modern practice by manufacturers, whereby they take away something that was previously part of the package.
This means that everything becomes less useful than it used to be whilst we fork out extra money for dongles.
I intend to buy a multi function hub with around 8 different connexions to overcome this big drawback and I am not at all pleased with Apple and their greedy business methods.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 08:30:28 PM »
Not many people use cables anymore, everything is bluetooth, that's why they did away with the jack.

Rick D.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 10:22:19 PM »
Very true!   I have just bought the iPad Pro too and am astounded at this modern practice by manufacturers, whereby they take away something that was previously part of the package.
This means that everything becomes less useful than it used to be whilst we fork out extra money for dongles.
I intend to buy a multi function hub with around 8 different connexions to overcome this big drawback and I am not at all pleased with Apple and their greedy business methods.

They are greedy no question about it !
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks