Author Topic: Backup question  (Read 1811 times)

Offline brucerez

Backup question
« on: October 13, 2022, 10:14:02 PM »
Hi,

Sometimes I have gigs out of state and I don't bring my own keyboard.
Instead I just bring a usb flash drive that I've prepared/saved with all my user styles, sounds, mp3, etc... with my other keyboard (no Yamaha brand) and then I just load it to a similar keyboard (ex; rental keyboard) and I do my performance perfectly as if it were my own.

1- So I was wondering if it's possible to do the same thing with another PSR-A5000 (in other state) instead of bringing mine.
2- Are user styles, user voices, mp3, Expansion styles and voices, etc are saved with backup? What exactly are saved in Utility > Backup?

Thank you for any information.

Offline brucerez

Re: Backup question
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 08:42:38 PM »
Everything is saved in backup except the EXPANSION PACK.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 09:10:19 PM »
So in case (for ex; factory restore) I need to reload again my Expansion (which includes user styles, voices, etc...) into my own keyboard, I can load them from the usb flash drive (YEM). Correct?

Thank you

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 02:34:31 AM »
Yep! I have done this several times, however, if you are playing 3rd party styles from your USB drive and loading them into your onboard drive, you will have to repeat the process. I also discovered that the MFD doesn't handle this process with a great deal of accuracy as well, which in my case is a real pain in the butt. I have nearly 600 entries in my MFD, which I had to go through and make several changes to restore those using 3rd party styles to where they were.

Good luck, and you cannot have too many backups,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline brucerez

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 07:37:21 PM »
Yep! I have done this several times, however, if you are playing 3rd party styles from your USB drive and loading them into your onboard drive, you will have to repeat the process. I also discovered that the MFD doesn't handle this process with a great deal of accuracy as well, which in my case is a real pain in the butt. I have nearly 600 entries in my MFD, which I had to go through and make several changes to restore those using 3rd party styles to where they were.

Good luck, and you cannot have too many backups,

Gary 8)

Thank you Gary for the info.
So if I understood you correctly, in case I need to reload again my 3rd party data (currently installed in my keyboard), I have to reload them (by installing Expansion in Utility) from the USB drive.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 07:50:32 PM »
Yes. And, they must be reloaded directly into the same location they were in the past or the keyboard will not be able to find them correctly.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: brucerez

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 12:12:23 PM »
Hey Gary :

Happy Birthday !

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:14:32 PM by Jeff Hollande »