Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Genos and iPad Pro 12.9 2021 version

(1/2) > >>

klaplante:
Hi Folks,

I have a few music apps on my iPad that have some great sounds in them.  Animoog is one the other is Syntronik.  I would love to be able to use some of these sounds via midi on my Genos.  The iPad Pro does not have a headphone jack.  So will I need an Audio Interface so I can route the output of the iPad to aux in of the Genos.  I'm very new to midi and have been struggling with this. Is what I want to do, doable? 

Thanks
Ken

Bill:
Hi Ken

The only thing you need is a cheap adaptor (not an audio interface)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/headphones-Adapter-Female-Samsung-Devices-Black-Silver/dp/B09XXS7QMH/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DCXPS8MMUC6W&keywords=usb+c+to+3.5mm+jack&qid=1665612614&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjY1IiwicXNhIjoiNS40OSIsInFzcCI6IjUuMjQifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=Usb+c+to+%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-5

Don’t confuse audio with midi though.

Bill

klaplante:
Ok thank you Bill. 

EileenL:
I have an Ipad pro and have a head phone socket which I use ear buds with. It takes the miniature Jack plug. It is on the left at the top.

Bill:

--- Quote from: EileenL on October 13, 2022, 01:56:29 PM ---I have an Ipad pro and have a head phone socket which I use ear buds with. It takes the miniature Jack plug. It is on the left at the top.

--- End quote ---

Eileen,  the new IPad Pro does not have a headphone socket. All it has is a single USB-C socket for everything.  Unfortunately  it can only do one thing at a time.

Regards

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version