Author Topic: PSR9000 Hard Drive  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Danny1972

PSR9000 Hard Drive
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:17:08 AM »
Hello All,

I hope you are all doing well.

I've recently found a really nice condition PSR9000 and I want to install a hard drive inside. Can anybody advise how this can be done, is it difficult to do and what type of drive I would need and the max size?

Any help would be great,
Thank you very much indeed,
Danny

Offline travlin-easy

Re: PSR9000 Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 09:12:37 PM »
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 08:44:20 AM »
Hi Gary,

Sorry I never replied back to you !

I eventually found a couple of compatible HD’s on EBay at a good price and it works like a charm.

The 9000 is still a great keyboard and sounds / styles are still usable even today :)

Take care,
Danny

Offline Gemor

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 05:22:33 PM »
Hi Danny, I thought I would reply to your post. I have a 9000 also and put a hard drive in it a couple of years ago. Did you go ahead and do that too? I have some questions about using the keyboard if you don't mind. Thanks, George in Canada

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 01:29:48 PM »
Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did manage to install a hard drive. I think it forced me to partition it though, I can't remember if it was 5gb blocks or 10gb. Either way it worked out fine.

I still really like this keyboard and I get it out now and again. Some of the drums (like the latin drums) really do sound outdated, but the pop, rock & dance kits still sound really good as do a lot of the sounds. I just wished it wasn't so heavy !!!

Sure, fire away with some questions, I will try to answer them if I can.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 01:32:15 PM by Danny1972 »

The following users thanked this post: Gemor

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 05:32:38 PM »
... I still really like this keyboard ...
I just wished it wasn't so heavy !!! ...

Hi Danny,

If you play the PSR-9000 via external speakers anyway, you could remove the internal speakers. This would significantly reduce the weight. I remember that a colleague who was touring with the 9000 at the time had this modification made.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:35:30 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Gemor

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 02:25:33 PM »
Hi Danny, one question I had was answered yesterday as I stopped trying to get the usb emulator to accept style files from program I was using. In the end the 9000 said the usb wasn't fat 12, lol. Hours wasted. Do you use an emulator to upload style files? I'm happy now just putting them on the usb and and use them "disk direct". If I start putting them on the hard drive will they stay there as I add more ie. not overwrite? I would like to order some style files from this site but need to ask which ones are better for this ancient machine. You are right it is heavy lol but mine sits atop my organ and won't be moved.  George in dreary Canada