Author Topic: Left Hand voice is not saved in Registration  (Read 2970 times)

Offline brucerez

Left Hand voice is not saved in Registration
« on: October 05, 2022, 12:27:46 AM »
Hi,

I try to save my Left Hand voice in Registration but it does not save the left hand.

in the user's manual it says:
The Registration Memory function and the Playlist function allow you to save (or “register”) virtually all panel settings, and then instantly recall your custom panel settings for your performances by a simple, one-touch operation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline hans1966

Re: Left Hand voice is not saved in Registration
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 02:42:14 AM »
Hello Brucerez

Press the Memory button to the left of the record buttons, and check the voice box.

then select the location (MEMORY BUTTON 1-8) where you want to save the selected voices.

if it still doesn't save the left voice, then go to Menu, and select Split Point, and correct the split point of all voices (left,right1,right2,right3)

I hope this helps

Cheers
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 03:59:25 AM »
Press the Memory button to the left of the record buttons, and check the voice box.

then select the location (MEMORY BUTTON 1-8) where you want to save the selected voices.

if it still doesn't save the left voice, then go to Menu, and select Split Point, and correct the split point of all voices (left,right1,right2,right3)

This is not correct, Hans.

The Left Voice is part of the Style group, not the Voice group.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:01:05 AM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 04:00:46 AM »
Hi,

I try to save my Left Hand voice in Registration but it does not save the left hand.

in the user's manual it says:
The Registration Memory function and the Playlist function allow you to save (or “register”) virtually all panel settings, and then instantly recall your custom panel settings for your performances by a simple, one-touch operation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

See the responses in your other thread. Please do not multipost.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline brucerez

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 05:30:13 AM »
@ hans1966,
Thank you for your reply.
I checked what you said but I think it is not related with saving the left hand voice in Registration but thanks anyway.

@ Fred,
Thank you for the reply.
That's correct that this is not possible to save the left hand in Registration which I think it's a shame.
It's only possible to save the LH with style.

You said:
See the responses in your other thread. Please do not multipost.

Sorry if I missed something.
I don't understand what you mean.
Can you explain please?

Regards

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 08:35:43 AM »
Hi again brucerez,
Just abandoning a previous thread and starting a new one can be confusing, even annoying for those who originally tried to assist. The original thread seems to have spooked you into believing that registrations cannot save anything to do with the Left voice. This is not true, it is so simple to do. Just follow my response to your previous thread, and if you still have difficulty, please ask supplementary questions there.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64228.msg488095.html#msg488095

John
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:46:06 AM by jwyvern »

Offline brucerez

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 07:12:25 PM »
Hi again brucerez,
Just abandoning a previous thread and starting a new one can be confusing, even annoying for those who originally tried to assist. The original thread seems to have spooked you into believing that registrations cannot save anything to do with the Left voice. This is not true, it is so simple to do. Just follow my response to your previous thread, and if you still have difficulty, please ask supplementary questions there.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64228.msg488095.html#msg488095

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply and I apologize if I multi posted about the same subject.
I would appreciate it if you can provide a direct link to your response to my previous thread.

Thank you

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 08:08:16 PM »
The link is at the end of my post to this thread, just above my signature Bruce,

John

Offline brucerez

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 09:11:01 PM »
The link is at the end of my post to this thread, just above my signature Bruce,

John

Thanks John for the link, very helpful.
By the way, the OP of the the link you provided is not me. I think you and Fred Smith thought that it was posted by me.
Not big deal but I just wanted to make sure that my intention was not to confuse you.

Peace... :)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 09:37:48 PM »

By the way, the OP of the the link you provided is not me. I think you and Fred Smith thought that it was posted by me.
Not big deal but I just wanted to make sure that my intention was not to confuse you.

Peace... :)

Apologies!  :o :) :) ;)
John
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 09:44:30 PM by jwyvern »

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 10:29:28 PM »
Hi brucerez,

Unfortunately, the Left Voice settings can only be memorized together with the Style in Registrations. If you only want to switch/set the Left Voice through Registrations, you have to use a little trick, which I have described in detail here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64228.msg488111.html#msg488111

The basic idea is that an external Style is memorized in the relevant Registration, which can no longer be found later (because the Style was deleted, moved or renamed after the Registration was created, or, as I originally described, simply the USB stick was removed with the "Dummy Style").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:04:34 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Offline brucerez

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 11:42:49 PM »
Apologies!  :o :) :) ;)
John
No problem, no apologize needed but I appreciate your kindness and honesty.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2022, 11:44:37 PM »
Hi brucerez,

Unfortunately, the Left Voice settings can only be memorized together with the Style in Registrations. If you only want to switch/set the Left Voice through Registrations, you have to use a little trick, which I have described in detail here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64228.msg488111.html#msg488111

The basic idea is that an external Style is memorized in the relevant Registration, which can no longer be found later (because the Style was deleted, moved or renamed after the Registration was created, or, as I originally described, simply the USB stick was removed with the "Dummy Style".

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris.
I've already looked at this link, helpful.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2022, 05:48:50 AM »
This is not correct, Hans.

The Left Voice is part of the Style group, not the Voice group.

Cheers,
Fred

Yes Fred, but you can divide the keyboard into four parts, and you can save this setting to a registration memory

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:50:41 AM by hans1966 »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2022, 07:19:40 AM »
Yes Fred, but you can divide the keyboard into four parts, and you can save this setting to a registration memory

What does that have to do with saving the left voice in a registration?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »
The easy fix is to use style creator and rename the style as a user style, saving whatever voice you wish to save on the left.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline hans1966

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 05:32:04 AM »
What does that have to do with saving the left voice in a registration?

Cheers,
Fred

That the left voice, together with the three right voices can be stored in a register

Cheers