Author Topic: Failed to access data!  (Read 3089 times)

Offline stajkov

Failed to access data!
« on: September 30, 2022, 06:58:59 PM »
Hello everybody! I have problem with YEM and loadings packs in the Genos. In YEM I have some pack's that I wish to load in Genos. I YEM I save Pack Install file on the USB that is formated in Genos, load it in Genos and then FAILED TO ACCESS DATA?! Don't know what's wrong. YEM is 2.8 and Genos is 2.11. Also I reinstaled several times YEM, changed USB stick and same again. Can someone help? Thank's!

Offline Joe H

Re: Failed to access data!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 10:28:57 PM »
Do you have the pack installation file on the Root Directory of the USB drive?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline stajkov

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 09:01:06 AM »
The Usb drive is only used for Genos.

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 10:31:30 AM »
stajkov
Did you import Instrument Info (.27file) into Yem?

Offline Stijn

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 11:16:29 AM »
Did you format the USB drive on the Genos?

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 11:31:04 AM »
Did you format the USB drive on the Genos?

Stijn

Yes -he mentioned that in his 1st post.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline stajkov

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 12:19:15 PM »
Yes I have imported the instrument info and yes the usb druve is formated in Genos. I also tried to export pack’s and then umport them again. The same problem. When I load just one pack it works fine, but when add more pack’s then the problem appears

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 05:44:48 PM »
Make sure you have save as CPI file and not QVI file when you create your install pack.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 06:59:06 PM »
Have you tried another USB drive yet?
Are there any other USB drives inserted?

Stijn

Offline stajkov

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 07:49:28 PM »
It is CPI file, and yes I have tried other Usb drives. There are no other inserted.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 10:59:39 AM »
Have you tried the "Send to instrument" option?
What are the values for; Voice Wave Size, Voice parameter size and Pack Install file size?

Are all parts checked green in the Genos window?
Which packs are you trying to install?
Have you tried by eliminating packs?

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2022, 05:14:04 PM »
Hello everybody! I have problem with YEM and loadings packs in the Genos. In YEM I have some pack's that I wish to load in Genos. I YEM I save Pack Install file on the USB that is formated in Genos, load it in Genos and then FAILED TO ACCESS DATA?! Don't know what's wrong. YEM is 2.8 and Genos is 2.11. Also I reinstaled several times YEM, changed USB stick and same again. Can someone help? Thank's!

Hi stajkov,

Please make sure you have YEM V2.8.1 installed (V2.8.0 is buggy!).

Then check (on the computer) whether there are previous .cpi or .ppi files in the root directory of the USB stick. If so, DELETE these files. The reason is that the YEM sometimes has problems overwriting the previous pack installation file properly when saving a new one.

Note: If you update or reinstall the YEM, the previously imported packs are retained. If your problem persists (pack installation file stored on the USB stick cannot be properly installed on the keyboard), I recommend deleting all packs from the YEM (only works one by one) and importing them again.

If this does not lead to success either, I recommend deleting the entire YEM user folder. When you start YEM next time, a new, empty user folder is automatically created. Calling up the YEM user folder is a bit "tricky". If you want to try the last thing just get in touch here again.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 05:17:47 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline stajkov

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 08:25:32 AM »
Is there a way to chek LSB of the packs in Genos?

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2022, 09:35:47 AM »
Is there a way to chek LSB of the packs in Genos?

Hi stajkov,

Normally you check the LSBs of the installed packs in the YEM (click on "My Packs" > ">" > "Change Bank Select LSB").

There is no such list directly on Genos, but you could find out the LSBs like this:

- Make sure the display of voice numbers is activated (in Voice Selection display > Menu icon).

- Then open the desired expansion pack in the Voice Selection display via "Expansion" so that its voices are displayed.

- If there are voices in the currently opened pack whose voice number begins with #063 (= Custom Normal Voice) or #062 (= Custom Drum Voice), the middle three digits of the voice number tell you the LSB assigned to the pack in the YEM became.

Examples:

Voice Number #063000123 means Custom Normal Voice (MSB=063) with LSB=000
Voice Number #062002123 means Custom Drum Voice (MSB=062) with LSB=002

- Voices in expansion packs that do NOT begin with #063 or #062 (i.e. voices with MSBs other than 063 or 062) have FIXED voice numbers that do NOT depend on the LSB assignment in the YEM. This means, if an Expansion Pack does NOT contain a voice whose number begins with #063 or #062, it is unfortunately not possible to determine directly on the keyboard which Custom Voice LSB the pack originally had in the YEM.

By the way, to document the LSB assignment, I recommend taking and archiving a screenshot of the "My Packs" > "Change Bank Select LSB" table in the YEM.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 09:41:15 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline stajkov

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 04:51:05 PM »
Hello everybody! I have solved the problem. The problem was the  Usb drive. I bought 3 new SanDisk CRUZER FIT usb drives and tried all of them. They all made the same problem - FAILED TO ACCESS DATA. So later I found some old Usb drive (old like 10 years or more) and everything works fine and normal. Maybe the older usb drives are working better with Genos . Frankly I don't know and I do not care, because I have lost 10 days trying to figure out the problem. Thank you all for your help. Cheers!