Author Topic: Re: Thank You Eileen  (Read 3180 times)

Mike2

Re: Thank You Eileen
« on: September 29, 2022, 10:47:15 PM »
I want to thank Eileen for her unwavering love and support for this forum, and the Genos 1 that many of us own. The reason why I am recognizing her, is that when I first came on the forum board, she was just a sweetheart to my needs with Yamaha.. I had just switched from Technics to Yamaha keyboard, and now the Genos. I think at the time, she was 83, but I felt that at 68, I could one day be as excited with my keyboard as she still is today. And that she is. Very inspiring, and something that all of us should strive for. Now there are many on this forum, who are absolutely great. And many of you have helped me in you response to my innocent postings. Thank you Eileen, and keep the feedback coming. You can't teach experience. Thanks again!!

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf, Dave Shively, ibrox2, Roshure

Offline EileenL

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 11:14:48 PM »
Hello Mike,
  I thank you so much for those kind words and they are very much appreciated. I always try to do my best to help anyone who is stuck trying to do something as we have all been there at some time.
  I have had a lot of other keyboards in my time but have always come back to Yamaha for their quality of sound and selection of styles and the ease of setting things up.
   Once again thank you for your kind words.

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf, Dave Shively, pjd, Roshure

Offline DaveD

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 07:50:13 AM »
Could not agree more. Eileen has helped me many times in the past, right from my T3 days. A real legend on this forum !

DaveD

Online Tony09

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 08:46:14 AM »
Always helpful and concise. Never superior or cutting.

Thank you, Eileen.

Tony

Offline Stuart L

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 09:00:30 AM »
I would very much like to echo the sentiments expressed on this thread. Both on this forum and her own excellent forum she has been a great help to me. These Yamaha keyboards are wonderful instruments but they are complex and for self taught people like myself they can at times be bewildering.
So it's nice to say thank you Eileen for helping me unravel so many keyboard mysteries.
Kind regards
Stuart L

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »
I chime in with a big thanks to Eileen as well.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 01:29:28 PM »
Thank you all for your kindness. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 05:10:46 PM »
Mike,

i couldn't agree with you more. She has helped me many times over the years. Her support is unwavering.

Thank You Eileen!

Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 09:41:23 PM »
Please add my name to the list of 👍 for Eileen. She has profound wisdom and is sort of an "anchor" for all of us random thinkers 🤣! I love the pink sweater too! Do you British call that a "Cardie?"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:42:55 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 11:38:51 PM »
It is a Jumper Lee. Cardies have buttons down the front.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 02:49:51 AM »
Thanks, Eileen. I've watched too much Faulty Towers and Open All Hours (or not enough) 🤣🤣🤣!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:58:47 AM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Bud2

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2022, 12:47:56 PM »
Yes, when I first started with Yamaha Eileen was there to help me, however fortunately with her starting me off so well I became in a position to start to help others, especially when we had our meetings, I started to be able to do tutorials, again to help others. Nevertheless it was Eileen's great start with me that put me in the position to be able to help many others. Thanks once again Eileen. 👍👏
Bill

The following users thanked this post: Ray

tyrosman

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2022, 07:50:32 PM »
Thanks Eileen for every thing over the Years you have been a great help and also help every one :)

Offline valder

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 03:10:01 PM »
Muito obrigado Eileen
Devo muito a  voce muitas alegrias que desfruto do meu Genos

Offline hans1966

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2022, 05:35:29 PM »
Also all my thanks to EileenL, for the great support over so many years in this beautiful forum of Yamaha keyboard owners.

From my dear Cali, Colombia, I send you a big greeting with my affection.

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"