Author Topic: Song Titles  (Read 1679 times)

davfra

Song Titles
« on: September 27, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
I have a registration bank with 8 songs. Could someone please tell me how to insert the song titles instead of the styles, please?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Song Titles
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 05:18:01 PM »
I have a registration bank with 8 songs. Could someone please tell me how to insert the song titles instead of the styles, please?

If you really mean "instead of the styles", then you want to create user styles and name them after the song.

If you're currently using a user style for a song, just rename the style, and update your registration.
If you're using a preset style, then copy it, rename it, and update your registration.

If, instead, you just want to rename individual registration buttons, hopefully it's possible on your keyboard and someone else will help you with that, as I don't have a PSR.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

davfra

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 11:22:44 AM »
Many thanks for that.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 12:37:11 PM »

It is best if you use a separate registration bank for each song and use the song title as the file name of the bank. Then you can search and select the desired song title directly in the Registration Bank Selection display. It also doesn't matter if only one registration button is used in a bank. But you have the possibility to create up to 8 registrations per song title, e.g. to switch voices and/or style variations.

If you want to stick to your previous method (several song titles per registration bank), you can rename the individual registration buttons with the name of the song title. This can be done in the "Registration Edit" display. See the attached picture (= screenshot from PSR-S975/775 Reference Manual, page 85).

Note: When the Registration Edit display is open, you can also select the individual registrations directly with the display buttons (A-D and F-I). Unfortunately, as far as I know (in contrast to Tyros models), there is no Direct Access shortcut for PSR-S models to quickly open the Registration Edit display. So you always have to go through the Registration Bank Selection display, as described in the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)