Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > The Next Yamaha Keyboard

New Genos with 61, 76 en 88 keys will appear well within a year from now!

(1/10) > >>

ton37:
I was at my keyboard dealer (an important/big dealer in NL and a reliable source for me!) to try out the new Korg PA5x, because I really wanted a 61 keys keyboard. I had also once bought the Genos (1) from him, but I sell it as it was too large for me. That's why I bought the SX900. The KorgPA5x offers a lot of features that I appreciate in a new keyboard: a very good keybed, a good sound, a good readable and tiltable screen, sliders and 61 keys! I was in the mood to buy the Korg. Then he advised me to wait a little longer with regard to my wish to buy a Yamaha 61 at Genos quality. He said: certainly within 1 year Yamaha will come up with a Genos and with 61, 76 and 88 keys!! In the meantime Korg will also need some updates to let the PA5x run smoothly. So I'll just wait one year until the new Genos arrives, about half of 2023. Nice prospect...  ;)

MadrasGiaguari:
Dear Ton,

thank you for your interesting post.

I guess that the dealer statement is quite reliable. I had a similar experience with Korg Pax5: in November 2021 I was in one of the best music stores in Naples. Incidentally there were also sales peoples from Korg. We had a nice conversation about arrangers, and at one point  they told me that the new Korg flagship would have been released in a few months.
The fact is that in late spring 2022 Korg did launch Pa5X.

Ciao,

Angelo

vbdx66:
Interesting news. A 61-keys Genos II could be a very nice keyboard - the arranger equivalent of the new 61-keys MODX+

Vinciane

Toril S:
Only Yamaha knows.

ton37:
'coincidentally' the source was also someone from Yamaha  ;) , but in a few months we will know for sure  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version