Author Topic: New TOTL Arranger from Ketron  (Read 151272 times)

Offline maartenb

Re: New TOTL Arranger from Ketron
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2022, 04:28:21 PM »
I challenge everyone above the age of 30, to recognize the difference between wav and hi quality mp3 just by listening.
This.

A 128 kilobit per second constant bit rate MP3 may be discernible from a wav audio file if you do a direct A/B comparison. But 192 and 256 kbps MP3s are almost impossible to distinguish from the original wav. And 320 kbps sounds exactly as the wav, even if you have golden ears.

Maarten

Offline mikf

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2022, 05:51:52 PM »
Given the average age of arranger users, for most even the 128 will not be discernible from wav!
One of the disadvantages of forums is that there will always be a few purists and ‘experts’ that make a big deal of things that don’t matter to most of us.
Mike
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:46:20 PM by mikf »

keynote

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2022, 10:59:39 PM »
NEW VIDEO https://youtu.be/u3Ab71Rf77U

This is the first instance of someone actually playing the Event arranger. The quality of the sounds the person played were excellent in my opinion. More playing, please! I know Ketron is teasing us by building up a crescendo of hype so I guess we'll have to be patient. Two things I really question. The Pitch and Modulation are wheels like the Tyros series but a Joystick actually can give you more control and nuance to the sounds you play. Also, it only has 128-note polyphony. The original Audya which came out years ago actually had 192-note polyphony. Why the regression? The Genos has 256 polyphony although divided between the Preset sounds and the Expansion sounds. The new Korg Pa5X has 160-note polyphony so Korg is making progress. Both the Event and the Pa5X are produced in Italy. I realize Ketron is a relatively small company compared to the Big Three but boosting the polyphony of the Event, in my opinion, would be more of an incentive to plunk down your hard-earned cash for the Event because it would be considered more of a future-proof keyboard. 💡 I really like the Event from what I've heard and seen so far but I'll wait and see what Yamaha has to offer on the Genos successor. I'm hoping the Genos 2 will have 256-note polyphony across the entire range of the keyboard no matter what section you play from i.e. Preset/Legacy or Expansion.

All the best,

Mike 

keynote

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2022, 12:00:51 AM »
This.

A 128 kilobit per second constant bit rate MP3 may be discernible from a wav audio file if you do a direct A/B comparison. But 192 and 256 kbps MP3s are almost impossible to distinguish from the original wav. And 320 kbps sounds exactly as the wav, even if you have golden ears.

Maarten

There is about four times the amount of information (data) per audio second in the uncompressed format as there is in the highest-quality MP3 file. Sony and Philips set the bitrate for compact discs in 1980 at 1,411 kbps at 16-bit as we all know. But, of course, you can record/listen at a higher bit rate i.e. 24-bit @192kHz, etc. With a 16-bit audio file, there are over 65,000 possible levels available for capture. If you step up to 24-bit audio, the capacity reaches over 16.7 million levels. More data captured reveals better sound quality in music. A violin for example or any other instrument for that matter. You are able to hear more 'detail' in the instruments/music/song which equates to better overall sound quality. An MP3 file at 256/320 kbps is ideal for general listening. But if you've got good ears with no noticeable hearing loss do yourself a favor and record/listen to music in uncompressed (.wav) audio format if possible. It takes up more space on your computer/phone of course so depending on how much free space is available is worth noting. Another thing. Buy some really nice full-range speakers (goes for everybody if your budget allows) that are made specifically for professional audio reproduction. Speakers are every bit as important as the songs/music you listen to, whether in .mp3 or .wav audio. Cheers. PS: I see Maarten has the Yamaha HS-7 speakers which is a great choice. 👍

The following users thanked this post: Ryszard Bieszczad

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2022, 12:02:39 AM »
I noticed this from the video:
"The new State of the Art    Audio Arranger"

Another video at Ketron USA's site: https://youtu.be/cEbipISmhG0
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 12:22:18 AM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2022, 12:21:06 AM »
Isn't polyphony a moot point when you're dealing with audio styles? A minimal amount of polyphony would be adequate for the right hand playing function?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2022, 01:02:36 AM »
💡 I really like the Event from what I've heard and seen so far but I'll wait and see what Yamaha has to offer on the Genos successor. I'm hoping the Genos 2 will have 256-note polyphony across the entire range of the keyboard no matter what section you play from i.e. Preset/Legacy or Expansion.

All the best,

Mike

Mike,

Do you have definite release information for Genos 2 soon, or like all of us, hoping/guessing?

:)
Uday

keynote

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2022, 02:28:31 AM »
Isn't polyphony a moot point when you're dealing with audio styles? A minimal amount of polyphony would be adequate for the right hand playing function?

Hi Lee. Yeah, you don't need to worry about polyphony when dealing with audio files. So that is a great point since supposedly all the styles on the Event are audio styles. So yes, you will use less polyphony when playing the keys along with styles, and multi-pads, which are all triggered by MIDI, since the styles are audio. But in this day and age when everything on arrangers today have become more sophisticated and complex more polyphony is always better. For example, playing the keys along with a midi file, using the sustain pedal when playing, voice layering i.e. (R1, R2, R3, Left) at the same time, you start to run out of polyphony quite rapidly. Plus single instrument sounds themselves are oftentimes already layered thus consuming more polyphony. Today's top-of-the-line Arrangers should have at LEAST 256-note polyphony but that's just me. Note drop out during a live performance can be quite frustrating as many professional keyboardists can attest to. And you don't want your audience to start throwing tomatoes, right?  ;)

We still have many questions regarding the new Event arranger. How much will it cost? It doesn't show any information at all on the Event on the Ketron USA website that I could tell. How much does it weigh? How fast are the "Dual Processors"? Does it have Seamless Sound Switching like the Korg Pa5X? After hearing AJ play the Event it most likely doesn't. SSS is a game changer IMO and so that gives the Korg Pa5X a huge leg up on the competition. I guess in the weeks and months ahead will finally get to the bottom of what the Event can do including all the features and functions, etc. Although, if it's anything like the roll-out of the Pa5X perhaps will see the Event in stores in the USA by mid-April 2023?  :(

All the best,

Mike

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:30:28 AM by keynote »

Offline ton37

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2022, 09:58:05 AM »
Yes, for those who consider a new keybaord, 2023 will be an exiting year. There are 3 leading branches; Ketron, Korg and Yamaha.That is good news for us as consumers.
This Ketron Event (half 2023?), Korg PA5X (fully updated with new releases  begin 2023), and the new Yamaha Genos with 61, 76 and 88 keys (half 2023)...happy new year  ;D
My best regards,
Ton

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2022, 10:39:53 AM »
I'm aware that this topic doesn't belong into this forum section, but as it was already mentioned, it needs to be clarified so someone wouldn't make wrong conclusions.
CD audio quality is defined by:
*sample rate of 44.100kHz -that's the lowest sample rate at which flat frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz is possible (in stereo).
*bit depth of 16bit -defines sampling precision of dynamic range (over-simplified: precision of loudness).
*wav format -is recorded data stream (means, series of 16bit numbers sampled at given sample rate) saved on media.
-that's the shortest simplified definition.

If we look at keyboard specifications, we can see, that the sound from our keyboard has exactly the same specifications. And it doesn't matter if we record digitally on keyboard, or if we use the audio output on back panel -because the source is the same.

..But, of course, you can record/listen at a higher bit rate i.e. 24-bit @192kHz, etc...
-yes, one can do that, but the quality will still be the same (as coming from keyboard). In short: quality of the sound depends on source. We can't change that afterwards by increasing recording parameters.
Higher bit- and sample rates are (only) used for master recordings in studios. Reason being, to make final product to sound as intended, a lot of sound post-processing is needed. And by doing this, audio quality might degrade. Means, master track of higher quality is used, so final sound still can have CD quality.

Now, depending on compression settings, mp3 still has sample rate of 44.100kHz and bit depth of 16bit. So where's the catch? It's called bit rate, which can be 8kbps all the way up to 320kbps. Chosen bit rate defines amount of compression, which directly influences the size of the file.. and the quality of sound.
So what is actually sacrificed in mp3? The shortest answer would be: frequency response. But in reality, it's not that simple. Depending on compression settings, only some (not all) of high frequencies are removed. This can easily be seen (on spectrogram) if we choose bit rate of 192kbps. In this case, we can see, that sound between 16kHz and 18kHz is still present. However not all frequencies in this range are covered. Which frequencies will remain depends on source (music complexity). Anyway, mp3 doesn't cut at low frequency range. The thing is, while we can hear (and "feel") low frequencies regardless of our age, high frequency perception degrades all the time as we age -without exception. And so, majority of people above the age of 30 can't hear sounds much above 16kHz. Yeah, guys at Fraunhofer Institute were quite smart when they invented mp3.

But one thing needs to be mentioned. With wav file, audio quality doesn't degrade if we re-save it again and again. That's not necessary the case for mp3 files -at the end, it's called "lossy" format. And finally, not all mp3 codec behave exactly the same. And so, for archiving purpose (of music we make on keyboard), I recommend using wav file, which we can use as master file in case of later post-processing. Or even better, we convert wav to flac format -that way we reduce file sizes substantially and still keep the original quality.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: terryB, Ryszard Bieszczad

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2022, 01:21:06 PM »
Bogdan, it's very common on these forums for people to drift off topic a bit. I think it's healthy and thank you for the excellent clarification of those audio terms. We're one giant group and even though we disagree and point fingers the odd time, when all is said and done, we're a Genos family. If we were all in a giant convention center having a beverage and meal together, most of the discussions would be centered around the Genos but there would be a lot of side drifting about other things. Your input is valuable and welcome.

Interesting how you mentioned about human hearing topping out around 16kHz. I've been an amateur speaker designer for 45 years. I've studied the designs of the larger producers, one of which was Altec Lansing. Anyone who has been to a movie theater has likely listened to a movie through a medium to large Altec "Voice of the Theater" (VOTT) sound system. Their speakers are still used in several theaters around the world. To your point, their larger systems had an F3 of 17.5kHz, their theory being that most humans can't hear much past that frequency as adults. Altec came up with that number in the 1950s. For those who don't know what F3 stands for, it is the highest frequency a speaker system can produce before that frequency drops off by -3dB. Hence, the coined term, F3. Interesting! You're right on the money!!

I own a mint pair of VOTT A-7-800 speakers. I bought them in 1973. I've had the tweeter diaphragms restored and one bass driver has a slight rub in the voice coil but they still sound great. I use them in my home theater, along with two new subs of my own design. They take the heavy lifting off the older Altec bass drivers.

Once again, sorry to the OP for drifting way..........off topic 😀.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 01:22:44 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2022, 02:07:39 PM »

Hi Guys :

Apparently in the past, Ketron had bugs with their Audya 5's software they never could resolve.
I don't have any further information what was wrong.
Was it just a rumour or true ?

The new Event seems to be equipped with a complete new OS.

Best regards, JH

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2022, 02:42:56 PM »
Hello Jeff,
I don't have much knowledge, if any, about Ketron -simply because it's above my budget limit. And my guess would be, that's the case for many other Yamaha owners. And when we check on Youtube, it's hard to find non-biased (non-paid) reviews.

A while back I stumbled on "Tiho" Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Tiho2012/videos
If you look at his older content, you can see that he owned many TOTL keyboards, including Genos. So he might be a valuable source (Ketron vs Genos) from first hand experience. Btw. most of his videos are also in english language.

I just thought, some of us (Yamaha owners) would be interested to know "what's Ketron about". Speaking for me, I follow Ketron just to be informed, as I'm always interested on innovations.

@Lee Batchelor
Of course I remember Altec Lansing... it was (still is?) synonymo for high quality sound. I never had any Altec, though.
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

keynote

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2022, 02:51:18 PM »
Mike,

Do you have definite release information for Genos 2 soon, or like all of us, hoping/guessing?

Uday

Hi, Uday. I don't have any particular release date information to give you. That said, I live not far from the Yamaha US Music Division headquarters in Buena Park, CA. I called there recently to order parts and everyone I've spoken to seems really friendly and happy and even exhilarated. Perhaps that means something big is about to happen? When you've got a blockbuster product in the works people tend to be optimistic and even jovial because they know people will be in for a real treat. So if I'm reading the situation correctly Genos2 could be forthcoming soon but perhaps not until the 2023 holiday season since Yamaha and other vendors are probably a couple of years behind schedule as a result of the global pandemic and the supply chain/chip crisis. So, as you say, it's just speculation at this point. Somebody at Yamaha knows the real skinny but I think Yamaha Japan made every employee sign a non-disclosure agreement to keep everything sealed up and tight-lipped. But if anyone from Yamaha is listening in and wants to provide an update we're all ears. Uh Huh, I didn't think so.  ;D

All the best,

Mike 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:53:44 PM by keynote »

keynote

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2022, 12:05:43 PM »
Here is a new demo from the Ketron Event. It's a very nice Flugel Horn. Note: The Genos also has a superb Flugel Horn as we all know. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_MbeQvpFU

Here's a Country Waltz style with an ac. Piano played by one of Ketron's employee musicians, I reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3deAuYNvjk

Best,

Mike
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:33:42 PM by keynote »

Offline mikf

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »
These demos sound very good. It’s not possible from just a demo to know the detail of the keyboard performance, —  things like ease of use, depth of features, possible OS glitches — but certainly the the voices and styles seem outstanding.
Mike

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2022, 01:34:02 PM »
Another great demo of breathy Sax sounds from Ketron Event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1G7Gfz_Ww

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2022, 02:53:51 PM »
Another great demo of breathy Sax sounds from Ketron Event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1G7Gfz_Ww
This video has been removed. Anyone else able to see it?

keynote

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2022, 07:51:04 PM »
Interesting! I looked for the video online and couldn't find it. What would make AJ remove the uploaded file? I guess some people heard it before it was yanked and supposedly it sounded great. Did anyone that listened to it before it was deleted notice any anomaly in the recording? If that's the case, maybe AJ decided to redo it. It's the weekend so maybe he was stretched for time and had other commitments. Or it could be that Ketron Italy told him to slow down and let them trickle out more slowly. FWIW, most keyboard manufacturers i.e. the Big Three, Casio, Kurzweil, Nord, etc., when they have a new product ready for release they'll usually leak some info about the product to notify the public, and then comes the official announcement and we're all inundated with a LOT of information, demos, videos, etc. Not Ketron.  ;D  Anyway, since most of us haven't heard the "Breathy Tenor Sax" demo yet, I thought I'd post a demo of the Genos "Breathy Tenor Sax" in action. It's a rendition of a Sonny Rollins/John Coltrane number from the 1950s.

Genos S.Art2 Breathy Tenor Sax 

All the best,

Mike

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2022, 08:23:46 PM »
I don't believe so.
New Ketron video ...

Jazz players in a keyboard
https://youtu.be/QpzKndCMOkg

This sounds similar to the sounds of the band backing Natalie Cole's Route 66.  Is any similarity purely coincidental?

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2022, 08:02:09 AM »
Interesting! I looked for the video online and couldn't find it. What would make AJ remove the uploaded file? I guess some people heard it before it was yanked and supposedly it sounded great. Did anyone that listened to it before it was deleted notice any anomaly in the recording? If that's the case, maybe AJ decided to redo it. It's the weekend so maybe he was stretched for time and had other commitments. Or it could be that Ketron Italy told him to slow down and let them trickle out more slowly. FWIW, most keyboard manufacturers i.e. the Big Three, Casio, Kurzweil, Nord, etc., when they have a new product ready for release they'll usually leak some info about the product to notify the public, and then comes the official announcement and we're all inundated with a LOT of information, demos, videos, etc. Not Ketron.  ;D  Anyway, since most of us haven't heard the "Breathy Tenor Sax" demo yet, I thought I'd post a demo of the Genos "Breathy Tenor Sax" in action. It's a rendition of a Sonny Rollins/John Coltrane number from the 1950s.

Genos S.Art2 Breathy Tenor Sax 

All the best,

Mike
Hello.
So.. Completely official demos are ONLY published by Ketron Italy.
Anything else is just not official so it's anyone's guess what that means.
The official Ketron YouTube chanel is it https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1_--gf1j27aX1wC99ZAWsA

Also a few days ago I uploaded a playlist with some demos of Event in my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/sets/ketron-event and in order to do this I had absolute approval from the company which published it on its Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Ketronsrl

I personally follow my NDA exactly and I do absolutely nothing arbitrary that is not known to the company.
P.S. Your demo with SAX is EXELENT!!
As a Genos user even today, I think above all this saxophones of Yamaha (Genos) are the best of any other Arranger/workstation in the world.
Really, the way they are programmed this Sax sounds by the Yamaha programmers is the most ingenious I have ever come across.
RESPECT!!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 08:06:44 AM by Sokratis1974 »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2022, 12:40:45 PM »
Hi Sokratis 1974 :

Your new Event ( Ketron ) has Audio styles and voices only.
A nice looking arranger with good sounds ....
BUT ....
No Midi styles, no Midi voices might be a huge problem to convince Yamaha customers, IMHO.

Best regards, JH

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 01:18:25 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2022, 01:31:37 PM »
Hi Sokratis 1974 :

Your new Event ( Ketron ) has Audio styles and voices only.
A nice looking arranger with good sounds ....
BUT ....
No Midi styles, no Midi voices might be a huge problem to convince Yamaha customers, IMHO.

Best regards, JH
Sorry my friend but this is a HUGE MYTH.
Who ever said that Ketron ONLY provides Audio Styles?
The truth is that he specializes in this type of style but!!
Who among you knows that Ketron is the only company which without any other conversion but with simply copy/paste on Modeling Folder of all Ketron models (SD9 etc) we can to have anything midi file riff  that you want to any midi channels (in Styles) we want without the slightest edit or process??
The Event as well as ALL Ketron,s arrangers are EXCELLENT and in the midi process thing that you obviously don't know..
And in the Event we have even more..

Also let me clarify.
I didn't make this post aboutn Ketron Enent and you spokes about Yamaha customers.
So let's make this clear so that no one thinks that I was doing some kind of promotion here.
Even when the first demos were announced, I here, respecting the role of the forum, did not make any announcements and this post was made by someone else.

P.S What do you mean No Midi Voice?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 04:41:09 PM by Sokratis1974 »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2022, 07:13:38 PM »
While the short Ketron Event clip sounds very good, I am very cautious with Audio Styles. It's very inflexible. I love MIDI styles, where you can change the sound of a style track.

I made songs with the Audio drums on the Tyros 5 and now I can only play them without drums on the Genos. I am sooooo glad Yamaha stepped away from Audio Drums and started using Revo drums! These are the best of both worlds: they sound very realistic, yet are still 100% MIDI and you can do whatever you want with them.

Same for the voices: I would rather have Super Articulation than audio phrases. Full control, 100% MIDI.

Maarten

Hey Sokratis 1974 :

I refer to Maartenb's above mentioned comments.
Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:20:39 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2022, 07:00:26 AM »
Hey Sokratis 1974 :

I refer to Maartenb's above mentioned comments.
Best regards, JH

Dear Jeff.
The opinion of our friend is respected, but personally it does not give me an answer to what I asked.So I replied to the comment "No Midi styles, no Midi voices" which of course does not apply because Ketron, as I said before, is very advanced in midi styles and here I should probably make it more specific.So let's look at some functions when it comes to Ketron midi styles.

EDIT: I'M REFERRING TO THE MODELS THAT ALREADY EXIST (SD9, SD90, SD60 etc) AND NOT SPECIFIC TO THE EVENT

1 ) Drums Mixer with completed different mix in Variations directly from Main Screen without needing for this to be done exclusively by the Style Creator like Genos.Here we have Volume, Pan, Send FX, Compress Velocity and more for each Drum part.

2 ) Change Drum Sound for all Drum part (Kick, Snare, etc) different settings to each variation

3 ) Different key Chord inversion of Midi Chords, and different change octave for all Variations directly from mixer of Style Modeling.

4 ) Different TEMPO and Time Signature of each Variation with a very easy way.

5 ) Midi Bass possibilities :
A) ALTERNATE: This is a special mode for the alternate Bass that adapts it to the chord change according to the correct rule of musical harmony. For example, by not repeating the basic note or the fifth that you have played. This function works only in Styles where the alternate Bass is programmed with tonic and fifth intervals.
B) LIVE BASS: This function synchronizes the Bass immediately regardless of when the chord is played within a measure. In other words the Bass plays immediately when you play the note without waiting for the “down beat” of the measure. When this is off, the bass not is only heard on the down beat of the style’s measure.
C) VOICE LOCK: This locks the bass sound so that regardless of which style you pick or keyboard setting/Registration you load, the bass instrument does not change.
D) TO ROOT: The arranger takes all the melodic notes of the automatic Bass and plays them as a basic note of the chord. When playing a song, you can turn this on and off at various parts of the song to emulate a live-band feel.

6 ) Midi files phrase copy/paste phrase on the style modeling folder and WITHOUT ANY PROCESS OR EDIT we can activate this on every Midi Chord with different selections of different Variations and of course following the chords.

7 ) Style Modeling. A brilliant and ridiculously easy way to create our own new styles without a trace of editing..

8 ) AUTO CRASH (without Record) Sound hear whenever a fill in is pressed or when you switch from one variation to another.
The same way we have and in Intro, Fill
And so more...
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:36:58 PM by Sokratis1974 »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2022, 08:08:19 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Sokratis 1974 ! :)

When can the public expect the Event spec's, price(s) etc. ?

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 08:17:33 AM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2022, 08:40:50 AM »
Thank you for your reply, Sokratis 1974 ! :)

When can the public expect the Event spec's, price(s) etc. ?

Best regards, JH
I don't know dear Jeff. I hope soon.. :)

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »
Thanks for that list, Sokratis. Many of those features are what we can only do in a DAW program. I'd buy that keyboard just for the live drum editor - something that was totally missed on the Genos! Yamaha has a lot of homework to do, although it wouldn't surprise me if they have it all set to go already 😁.

Questions
1- Is there any mention of seamless sound switching between registrations?
2- Will the Event be available in Canada?

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »
Thanks for that list, Sokratis. Many of those features are what we can only do in a DAW program. I'd buy that keyboard just for the live drum editor - something that was totally missed on the Genos! Yamaha has a lot of homework to do, although it wouldn't surprise me if they have it all set to go already 😁.

Questions
1- Is there any mention of seamless sound switching between registrations?

As it is in final stage of development before the release allow me to answer you after the official announcement. Thank you for understanding. :)

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2022, 12:32:40 PM »
Hey Lee :

As mentioned by Sokratis, he has signed an NDA with his employer, Ketron Italy. Am I right, Sokratis ?
It is obvious he cannot answer ( our ) questions ( for the time being ), I guess.

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 12:35:34 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2022, 12:44:18 PM »
Hi
There is some 'teasers' at AJ's YT-site that may be of interest for some.
The CtrWaltz sounds good in my ears.
Would be great to see more live play with all variations and change of sounds (memories) during a song with use of different styles.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AjamSonic
Cheers 🥂
GJ

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2022, 12:48:09 PM »
Hey Lee :

As mentioned by Sokratis, he has signed an NDA with his employer, Ketron Italy. Am I right, Sokratis ?
It is obvious he cannot answer ( our ) questions ( for the time being ), I guess.

Best regards, JH
Exactly!! You are right dear Jeff.
So I will answer any questions you have after the official announcement.
Thanks

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2022, 01:05:30 PM »
Sokratis' answer, as far as Event's Midi styles etc. are concerned, is confusing to me.
BUT ...
I am respecting his NDA and his other obligations.
No problem. Future will tell.

Regards, JH
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 01:14:26 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »
I hope soon.. :)

If 'soon' have the same meaning today as when Ketron 'leaked' the arrival of Audya, we'll probably see an updated PA5X and a Genos successor (if any) before Event is out to  the stores.  ;D ;D ;D
Was going to replace my lovely SD1 that I sold, but the looooooong wait brought the G70 in as replacement......
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2022, 02:23:17 PM »
Must admit I am not keen on the look of it as it seems quite bulky to me. No mention if it has a touch screen. Not very impressed.

Offline mikf

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2022, 02:51:27 PM »
Lee- I don’t know if things have moved forward with Ketron, but when I was interested in one some years back, all they had was a very loose arrangement of part time local representatives working from home. Not employees. The guy they had in Houston was pretty useless, not knowledgeable and couldn’t even play worth a darn.
They have AJ who seems to be Mr North America for Ketron, whom I met at Don Mason’s get together in Shreveport. AJ is a nice guy, based I think somewhere in the north east, and he is pretty expert, and a fair player. But I wasn’t sure if even he was a Ketron employee or just a gig player who represented them as a sideline. Mind you he did talk as if he had some input into Ketron design/development.
I think if you are interested in a Ketron, you would have to contact AJ, and find out if they have anyone in your area. But even if they do, when he would have a keyboard  to bring to your home to try (apparently that’s how they work) is anyone’s guess. I think it’s likely that Sokratis is one of these local representatives, so he has an inside track.
Basically, although the Ketron Audya seemed a great keyboard in many regards, their distribution and support network appeared pretty primitive. Reminded me of selling Tupperware. So good luck if you want to pursue it.
Mike

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2022, 03:09:01 PM »
Sokratis' answer, as far as Event's Midi styles etc. are concerned, is confusing to me.
BUT ...
I am respecting his NDA and his other obligations.
No problem. Future will tell.

Regards, JH
I wasn't specifically referring to Event Midi Styles, but I'm writing in my post (Ketron Midi Styles)
Whenever what I wrote above also applies to the models that are already on the market (SD 9, 90, 60 etc).
But you're right, maybe I should have clarified that.
The Event has even more new features related to Midi Styles.

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
If 'soon' have the same meaning today as when Ketron 'leaked' the arrival of Audya, we'll probably see an updated PA5X and a Genos successor (if any) before Event is out to  the stores.  ;D ;D ;D
Was going to replace my lovely SD1 that I sold, but the looooooong wait brought the G70 in as replacement......
Hi Jonny
You are right. I also experienced this with Audya.
I wasn't in Ketron's team then.. But no.. I think it won't be long now..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:19:01 PM by Sokratis1974 »

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2022, 03:17:41 PM »
Must admit I am not keen on the look of it as it seems quite bulky to me. No mention if it has a touch screen. Not very impressed.
Hi EileenL
I would like to tell you that Genos is quite a bit more bulky..
I know this well.
All Ketron Arrangers from SD7 until today (several years ago that is) have touch screen.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:30:11 PM by Sokratis1974 »

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »
Lee- I don’t know if things have moved forward with Ketron, but when I was interested in one some years back, all they had was a very loose arrangement of part time local representatives working from home. Not employees. The guy they had in Houston was pretty useless, not knowledgeable and couldn’t even play worth a darn.
They have AJ who seems to be Mr North America for Ketron, whom I met at Don Mason’s get together in Shreveport. AJ is a nice guy, based I think somewhere in the north east, and he is pretty expert, and a fair player. But I wasn’t sure if even he was a Ketron employee or just a gig player who represented them as a sideline. Mind you he did talk as if he had some input into Ketron design/development.
I think if you are interested in a Ketron, you would have to contact AJ, and find out if they have anyone in your area. But even if they do, when he would have a keyboard  to bring to your home to try (apparently that’s how they work) is anyone’s guess. I think it’s likely that Sokratis is one of these local representatives, so he has an inside track.
Basically, although the Ketron Audya seemed a great keyboard in many regards, their distribution and support network appeared pretty primitive. Reminded me of selling Tupperware. So good luck if you want to pursue it.
Mike
Hi Mike.
I have been working exclusively for the Event for a year.
I had never worked on any other Ketron model before it came on the market.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:26:24 PM by Sokratis1974 »

Offline mikf

« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2022, 05:16:03 PM »
Sokratis -  You are in Greece I believe, so I am guessing you work from your home, maybe as a contractor on testing/product evaluation and feedback.
Can you tell us what the North America sales distribution looks like for Ketron? Don’t think that information would cut across your NDA.
Mike

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2022, 05:25:48 PM »
Sokratis -  You are in Greece I believe, so I am guessing you work from your home, maybe as a contractor on testing/product evaluation and feedback.
Can you tell us what the North America sales distribution looks like for Ketron? Don’t think that information would cut across your NDA.
Mike
Yes dear Mike. I live and work in Greece (Crete) and I am Greek. For Ketron, yes, I work from my home. Now with the internet everything is possible. Unfortunately I cannot answer your question because I am not competent in this matter. Perhaps it would be good to send an email to Ketron Italy.

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2022, 07:26:50 PM »
Mike,

AJ is the man in the US! Even if you order from retailers, they have to get it through AJ, in fact he will drop ship it to you even if ordered elsewhere.
I emailed him and he promptly replied that he will inform those interested when more info is released, and yes, they have a strict NDA that everyone is adhering to.
So, get on his email list and you will get the info. I believe, he's the man for US customer service, too, so he is Ketron America! Just FYI.

Uday

Offline mikf

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »
I am aware that AJ has a company called AJAM, that essentially operates as Ketron North America. But no retailers appear to carry the product. I don’t have sufficient interest to contact Ketron further, but I think others on this forum discussing this product should be aware how very limited Ketron presence is here, and maybe in other countries like the UK.

Mike

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2022, 09:19:27 PM »
Hey Lee :
Best regards, JH
Understandable. Thanks guys.

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2022, 09:24:14 PM »
Mike
Okay, thanks Mike. I think the European market is of the greatest interest to most arranger makers, including Yamaha. In Canada, we're always last to receive new stock items. Kind of makes us feel like bottom feeders 🐟.

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2022, 09:33:50 PM »
Understandable. Thanks guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOE AMOEDO'S MUSIC, Niagara Falls Canada (905-371-3109)

PINO LORUSSO Terrebonne, Quebec, Canada (Tel:- 438-580-7182 - PinoLorusso@Hotmail.com)

Lee, these might have more info.

Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2022, 09:46:27 PM »
Can we please MOVE this thread to the KETRON part of our forum?

Thank you,
Drake

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2022, 10:01:47 PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOE AMOEDO'S MUSIC, Niagara Falls Canada (905-371-3109)

PINO LORUSSO Terrebonne, Quebec, Canada (Tel:- 438-580-7182 - PinoLorusso@Hotmail.com)

Lee, these might have more info.
Thanks, Christopher 😉.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2022, 10:17:22 PM »
Can we please MOVE this thread to the KETRON part of our forum?

Thank you,
Drake

I cannot see that it would do any harm if we had a "Chat about other brands Arranger" part.  :D 8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ