Author Topic: Here We Go Again... Another Thread Goes POOF!  (Read 2508 times)

keynote

Here We Go Again... Another Thread Goes POOF!
« on: June 17, 2023, 08:23:51 PM »
Another thread bites the dust. The one about the supposedly Genos 2 on YouTube by the Romanians. Chris the moderator i.e., OverOver made a fascinating statement. Apparently there are undisclosed members who are also moderators who can, on a whim apparently, delete whatever they want. I understand the video on YouTube about the Genos 2 was fake, but it wouldn't hurt anything to leave the thread intact. Just to have something to talk about if nothing else. 💡  The PSR Tutorial Forums only get a few posts on any given day and apparently someone we may know on the Tutorial forums is getting really trigger-happy for no good reason if you ask me. If threads keep disappearing at this rate people may end up being hesitant to post anything for fear it will vanish overnight or in broad daylight. And then what? Joe Waters, or if Joe is no longer around, then whoever is currently in charge would probably need to shut it down for lack of participation, lack of content. I vote for Chris or Mike to disclose the names of members with moderator privileges. So we can figure out who's drinking a fifth of Vodka or a fifth of Rum, etc., and then becoming trigger-happy just for the heck of it. I jest, of course, but you get the picture, I hope. It ain't right.

All the best, Mike from the good ol' USA.         

Offline BogdanH

Re: Here We Go Again... Another Thread Goes POOF!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 08:58:07 PM »
There were at least 10 threads started in the past about that fake Genos. I'm not really interested on such content.. although it would be more transparent for members, if such treads would be locked in future, instead deleting them -just my opinion.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 09:18:29 PM »
I agree with Mike...
I believe that censorship or control of information Willy Nilly should not be the function of a moderator unless the post is obnoxious, and then again, who would decide which posts to delete or not?!
Freedom of speech should be preserved by and large, right?

Uday
 :)

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 11:22:51 PM »
I don’t understand the moderator bashing. They are just volunteers giving their time to help.

They do very little censoring on this forum unless it’s warranted. If people are worried about censoring from authority figures than they should protest against the censoring going on at larger platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YTube etc.) than this PSR keyboard forum.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:36:33 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 12:36:27 PM »
If you look around lots of forums they are very quite and some getting no posts at all. This is mainly due to the fact that there have been no new flagship keyboards launched for a long time. These are what people will come onto forums for to discus new features and how to use them. Some will need help getting there head around things. After all this is what forums are for.
 When the same subjects are posted over and over for want of something to do then of course moderators should clear them to stop cluttering the server with unnecessary content.

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 06:09:34 PM »
I agree with Mike...
I believe that censorship or control of information Willy Nilly should not be the function of a moderator unless the post is obnoxious, and then again, who would decide which posts to delete or not?!
Freedom of speech should be preserved by and large, right?
No - wrong. Freedom of speech is a concept applied to public situations without fear of government retaliation. It doesn’t  for example apply to discussion round my dinner table where I can decide what can or cant be discussed. Same on a private forum like this.
Having said that, there is no set of secret moderators running around policing what is posted here. If anyone removes a thread or post it almost certainly one of three things, - offensive or inappropriate, a tidy up because it is repetitive and unnecessary, or just an error.
Let’s not get on soap boxes about censorship.
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 08:13:48 PM »
Cloaking device on!! :) CAPTAIN ::) Engage ;)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 11:03:39 PM »
We are talking about music & instruments here, that's all—Ketron Event 61 and EventX. I don't see any offensive or repetitive postings about it, let alone summarily deleting them without explaining.
Let's all take a deep breath and make music, meanwhile.

keynote

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 01:20:08 AM »
Yes, indeed. Make music. There are two main reasons for having the PSR Tutorial Forums. #1. Gaining insight and knowledge about our Yamaha keyboards and keyboards in general. #2. Making music with our keyboards. Having said that,

I recently recorded another tune with my Genos. It has a religious overtone, but it's very modern and upbeat. The style I used is from an Expansion pack. The Church&Xmas_Genos pack which I purchased early on, before Yamaha had an epiphany and gave them all away free. The style is called Worship Rock. Without further ado...

Friend of God 

Btw, you might have to wait up to 30 seconds before the song finally loads. Plus, Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. It's a little belated for UK fathers who are mostly fast asleep by now I would imagine. But here where I live in sunny southern California the sun is still shining, and the birds are still singing.  PS: There are both vocals and background vocals included.

All the best, Mike     
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 01:30:10 AM by keynote »

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 09:08:58 PM »
Wow, great singing, and vocal recording!

Mark

keynote

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
Wow, great singing, and vocal recording!

Mark

Hi Mark. As noted in another thread I posted yesterday (which has since been moved for unknown reasons) the song I posted above is not me singing. I did play my Genos for the style arrangement though. As noted in the other thread, recently I've been focusing on the audio engineering aspect of music production. Using a vocal separation software I use those vocals in certain songs I think are appropriate for a given situation. Anyway, in the other thread that was moved I posted a song that I sing myself called “Don't Be Cruel” to give members an opportunity to hear my vocals. Recently I have posted a few songs on this forum that have used vocals from other singers using the vocal isolation software. So to eliminate a possible misunderstanding I went ahead and posted Don't Be Cruel to give people an insight of what my voice sounds like. Btw, I recorded the song when I had my Tyros 1 using a Shure Beta 87a mic hooked up to the Tyros and I also used the Tyros VH in certain parts of the song. Thanks for having a listen to the above song, Mark.

PS: I'm not sure where they moved the other thread I posted yesterday. The way I was able to reach the thread was through my Yahoo Mail account that mentioned the thread was moved. When I clicked the link on Yahoo it took me to the thread, but it doesn't actually say where the thread is located. It's not in the Genos Demo forum because I looked in a few of the forum boards where I thought they might put it, but I couldn't find it. POOF! Trigger-happy is an understatement. I thought the Forum moderators were one of us, but apparently they're one of them.  ;)

UPDATE! Roger Brenizer was the person who moved the thread! I don't know Roger, but I think he may have taken over for Joe Waters regarding account sign-ups, and also administrative duties. I think it was Roger who assisted me when I signed up for PSR Tutorial a few years ago after an extended absence. Probably a nice guy, with a trigger-finger.  ;D

All the best, Mike   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:03:56 PM by keynote »

Online overover

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 05:38:24 PM »
@keynote
Hi Mike,

To see an overview of your posts, just open your Profile (e.g. by clicking on your username in one of your posts) and click on the "Show Posts" link below "Profile Info". This way you can also quickly find posts that have been moved by a moderator/admin (but of course no posts that have been removed).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:42:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2023, 05:55:01 PM »
Mike
 For your information Roger B has been doing all the grunt work administrating the Forum for many years. This includes amongst many other things sometimes sitting up half the night fighting off spammers and robots from infecting the site with thousands of junk posts, setting up and welcoming new members and keeping posts tidy and where necessary in the right place.
Your post was moved by Roger as part of that to the obvious place ie recordings by members. I have no idea why you had trouble finding it because it took me about 3 seconds.
Moderators are all volunteers, and I’m afraid making silly and somewhat offensive remarks about ‘trigger happy’ moderators being ‘one of them’ or suppression of free speech, don’t suddenly become humorous  just because you stick a smilie alongside them. Especially when you add a condescending tag line  ‘probably a nice guy with a trigger-finger’.
Mike
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 06:22:59 PM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2023, 06:57:20 PM »
This thread is not constructive. The moderators do a great job.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »
Toril, I agree. This is a nothing burger, IMHO and should be deleted. However, I'll hold off on doing so because someone might have something educational to contribute. My trigger finger is getting itchy, though! ;)

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...