Author Topic: What happened to the thread about the new Ketron Event 61-key??  (Read 1758 times)

keynote

Poof?  :( Btw, I think Jeff Hollande started the topic, but I did reply once or twice. I realize this is a Yamaha-centric forum but according to the posting rules we can talk about other keyboards on occasion. Especially, I would think, when there is a new arranger keyboard released in order to make people aware of what the competition brings to the table. So we could, for instance, plead with Yamaha to perhaps add this or that feature or function that the new keyboard might have that might appeal to Yamaha arranger owners, etc. POSTING RULES: “Information or questions relating to other keyboards are permitted if they are of reasonable interest to this forum’s members, are done in moderation and do not either heavily promote other brands or infer that Yamaha keyboards are a poor choice.” What was the straw that broke the camel's back that made a moderator (or Joe Waters himself) become trigger-happy? I also realize that when there is money involved, removing posts that deal with the 'competition' might be done in order to stave off a drop in donations, etc., being made from the Yamaha products being promoted on this Forum. Since there was no explanation why the thread suddenly vamoosed, unless my Browser is playing games with my Computer and somehow engaged a Vulcan cloak to make that particular thread invisible. I'm joking of course. It has stoked my curiosity, so I thought I'd bring it up to see what in the world happened.

PS: I searched around here on some other forum boards e.g., The Next Yamaha Keyboard, etc., to see if it was moved, but I couldn't find it anywhere I looked. Mike, Chris, Joe, anybody?  It's okay. I can handle it. Really. 💪 PS: That's a muscle, not a fist. ;)

All the best, Mike 🎹

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: What happened to the thread about the new Ketron Event 61-key??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 04:46:50 AM »
I believe this is the topic you're most likely referencing, which was started by RoyB.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64153.0.html

Take a look at the comments starting with Reply #1089.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 06:50:57 AM »
hello Roger,
No, that's not the thread that Mike has in mind. Two-three days ago Jeff Hollande started new thread with "Ketron 61-key" in title. Now this thread seems to be missing.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline kiplis

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 07:04:42 AM »
Yes, Bogdan has it right. The thread has being removed.
Not very nice move IMHO, if made purposely ::) 

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 07:44:09 AM »
Thank you, Guys ! :)

For your information, if you might be interested in this info ;):

Not only the new Ketron/Event 61 note will arrive in June 2023 ( high price ? ) but also the Event X/Module ( which is more than Euro 1000,-- lower in ( list ) price than the Ketron 76 ) will be launched in July 2023.
IMHO a module is much less popular ( in my country ! ) than an arranger with keys but might be an interesting addition for some people, who knows ? ( see attachment ). BUT ... it could also be an expensive extra gear, in my eyes ::).

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 08:35:00 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 09:12:42 AM »
Mike
I think I can speak for Roger when I say that no-one removed this thread for any of the reasons you mention. Your speculation about concerns for Yamaha are well off the mark.   There is no direct Yamaha connection or funding,  and if the thread has disappeared it is likely either a mistake or a glitch in the system.
Sometimes moderators move posts that are obviously in the wrong place, or completely remove posts or threads where the tone or subject is not appropriate, or offensive to other members, to ensure that the posts remain courteous and respectful. But we don’t remove threads because we are concerned Yamaha might not like it.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: BogdanH

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 09:44:13 AM »

If the thread has disappeared it is likely either a mistake or a glitch in the system.
Sometimes moderators move posts that are obviously in the wrong place, or completely remove posts or threads where the tone or subject is not appropriate, or offensive to other members, to ensure that the posts remain courteous and respectful. But we don’t remove threads because we are concerned Yamaha might not like it.
Mike

Thank you very much for this kind and very useful explanation, Mike. :)
Best wishes, JH

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 10:26:58 AM »
I think the thread was deleted because I noticed my post count was one less.

The following users thanked this post: orangeman

keynote

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 03:25:40 PM »
So I guess that means that our good friend Jeff Hollande deleted his own thread? By mistake? On purpose? I wish that if a person deletes his own thread he would give a shout-out to people, so we don't become concerned it suddenly vanished without explanation as to why. And possibly blame a moderator which could get people upset over possible malfeasance. Especially as Mike stated it wasn't removed by a moderator nor would be for any of the reasons I mentioned at the top of this thread. Which is good to know, by the way. Well, at least forum members got a little taste of what's coming down the pike from Ketron in the near future. Even as we wait for Yamaha to get on the ball and finally release a Genos successor almost 6 years on.  ;)

All the best, Mike

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 04:14:15 PM »
Hey Mike :

Why should I delete my own thread ?
There was absolutely no reason for me to delete this thread. Nothing wrong with it.

BTW ... as you might know I CAN NEVER DELETE threads myself at all. :D
I am a simple member like most of us. ;)

Best regards, JH
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 05:36:00 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 05:49:24 PM »
Hi all,

Apparently the mentioned thread about the "Ketron Event 61-key" was removed by a member with moderator rights (NOT by me). The reasons for this are not known to me at this time, and moderators are not required to state the reasons when threads (topics) or posts are moved or removed.

In my opinion, we don't need a separate thread for the Ketron Event 61 here, since it is identical to the 76-key version, except for the smaller keyboard / housing. I therefore ask all members to use the following existing thread for all posts about Ketron Event 76, Event 61 and the upcoming Event X Module:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64153.msg503277.html#msg503277

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 06:01:13 PM »
Thank you for info, Chris.. It is what it is.. let's don't make big fuss out of this and as suggested continue on existing thread -just my opinion.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline SciNote

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 03:44:40 AM »
...unless my Browser is playing games with my Computer and somehow engaged a Vulcan cloak to make that particular thread invisible. I'm joking of course...

Romulans and Klingons have the cloaking device  ;D
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios