Author Topic: PSR-EW400 - MIDI files  (Read 813 times)

Offline pulant

PSR-EW400 - MIDI files
« on: July 27, 2023, 11:53:38 AM »
I just bought a PSR-EW400 and I would like to ask : a) I formatted a 32 gig flash drive memory stick on the said keyboard and i only have a USER folder in it.  How can I put on the flash drive some of my own midi files and HOW to play them back on the EW400?

Edit 2023-07-27 by overover: Edited topic title and spelling of "PSR-EW400"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 12:14:12 PM by overover »

Offline overover

Re: PSR-EW400 - MIDI files
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 12:42:40 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, pulant!

I just bought a PSR-EW400 and I would like to ask : a) I formatted a 32 gig flash drive memory stick on the said keyboard and i only have a USER folder in it.  How can I put on the flash drive some of my own midi files and HOW to play them back on the EW400?

Please read pages 28 ("Playing Songs") and 63 ("Recognizable file location in the USB flash drive for Song playback") in the PSR-E453/EW400 Owner's Manual first.

Make sure the MIDI Song files are in the root directory of the USB stick or in a first or second level folder on the stick. Do NOT copy the MIDI Song files (.mid) into the USER folder!

If you haven't transferred any songs from a computer to the EW400's internal flash memory, you should find the songs stored on the USB stick starting with song number 041.

To play the songs, press the [SONG] button, then rotate the dial to select the desired song. Press the [▶/◼] (Start/Stop) button to start playback.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:01:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)