Author Topic: odd behavior on left side of keyboard  (Read 1787 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

odd behavior on left side of keyboard
« on: September 23, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »
i reset the T5 by holding the highest white note ( key)before turning on my friends T5.
i reset because there is an unpredictable volume change when playing single notes, on the left side of keyboard. But the right side is normal.
i have played it , trying to find a pattern to the irregular volume change.
i experimented with a few buttons by “Mono - initial touch “ the  Voice Effects section..
No matter what i have tried i can’t correct the oddity nor deduce the pattern of note choices that would trigger it.

very generally, i would guess every 6 or 7 repetitions of the same key ( note ) the volume will get much louder . that’s just an estimate

i turned it off then on, the default piano sound was tried. at first i thought the piano volume abnormality was gone . but suddenly it “made”  a number of louder notes . no longer can i say 6-7 notes trigger it. i cannot see ANY pattern to this
the only thing i can report is - it happens in the lower style section ( set by the split point ) from the lowest note to an octave and a half upward to the F

above F , where the style fingering is not activated - i have not been able to reproduce the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. .

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:44:40 AM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

Re: odd behavior on left side of keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »
Do you have the touch senseity button of for the Left hand voices.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 05:09:16 PM »
Eileen

i mentioned the Voice Effects section.  that i experimented turning some of them on and off; but with no relief from the issue.  the issue being sudden loud note when playing single notes in the lower part of keyboard . i’m not using the tyros as designed . all auto accompaniment is turned off… the exception is the drum style. however even with drum style off… the erratic volume persists.

where is the “touch sensitivity “ section for the left side?

i thought i reset the t5 . and i assumed that a reset ( holding highest white key then turn on ) would delete all odd settings and place the keyboard in original default positions! But the reset did not delete this odd behavior .
thank you

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:07:46 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 12:00:46 AM »
This behaviour could also be caused by the rubber strips under the keys wearing.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss