Author Topic: music finder  (Read 2685 times)

Offline lenzieman

music finder
« on: September 22, 2022, 10:19:08 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm needing a little help. I opened up the FAVORITE tab on my T4 to find my entire list of songs there. Don't know how I managed that but I would like to empty the tab completely. Can some kind soul tell me how? Thank you.

Offline Arnak

Re: music finder
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 08:33:08 PM »
Hi,

See this PDF with a link to a blank mfd.

First, save the existing original mfd to a USB.

Then add the blank mfd to a USB drive then import it into your T4.

I hope that helps.

Martin

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 11:47:20 PM »
Martin, please forgive me but your advice and suggestion are way beyond my technical knowhow and capabilities. I know what an USB is - that's about it. I was hoping for an easy fix. Thanks anyway.

Offline jtrue

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 12:10:46 AM »
I don't know how all your records ended up in the FAVORITE tab and don't know of any easy fix if you are not comfortable moving the Music Finder file to a computer where a program such as Music Finder View can modify the records.  But you can change them one by one on your keyboard using the method described here:    https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/mf/60_Edit.html

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 01:02:09 AM »
Martin, please forgive me but your advice and suggestion are way beyond my technical knowhow and capabilities. I know what an USB is - that's about it. I was hoping for an easy fix. Thanks anyway.

Your best bet, then, is to post your MFD to a file sharing service (or get a friend to do it). Someone will fix it for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 09:04:35 AM »
You said the entire music finder was posted to your favorites tab. Can you be clear - does it still exist in your normal mfd location ie is it a complete second copy?
Mike

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »
I also suggest you go to the MFD section (link below) and read through it, so you understand how this works and how to manipulate it.
Basically you should just be able to delete all the records in your favorites section. Don’t worry about doing harm because the pre set music finder should be unaffected and in any case you can re-load it from this site. Step by step is all in the lesson below.
Mike
https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/mf/index.html

PS - please add your name to your posts, it makes it easier to reply specifically and more personal, so we don’t have to type ‘lenzieman’ every time.
BTW, I am just 30 mins down the road from you and could have popped over to help you, but unfortunately I fly back to Texas tomorrow and am in the midst of packing and closing up my house for winter. Maybe next summer we can get together and I can help you with some of this. Mike

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
Thanks to all who have kindly replied. My MFD consists entirely of my favourite tunes and music - 615 in total - that I play regularly.  None of the original, default MFD exists. I am, therefore, reluctant to try a fix that may be beyond my limited expertise and lose a 10-year labour of love. I think I will live with it, as my list is all my favourites anyway!  Thanks again, guys.